Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Music

Music Cj used to love ICP, Rob used to love NKOTB. Who do you love?

Old 10-31-2016, 11:19 AM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Billiam, what are your thoughts on Jidenna? #Curious
Old 12-28-2016, 07:28 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

So I got a record player for Xmas, where can I pick up quality vinyl for a decent price? I don't care if they're reissues so long as the sound is quality. I'm not rich enough for collector type shit, just want to listen to some vinyl in my down time.
Old 12-28-2016, 07:54 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Metal View Post
So I got a record player for Xmas, where can I pick up quality vinyl for a decent price? I don't care if they're reissues so long as the sound is quality. I'm not rich enough for collector type shit, just want to listen to some vinyl in my down time.
Vinal Edge in the heights if you ever make it that way.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:41 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I usually use Amazon and Soundstage Direct. Discogs is basically vinyl eBay and you can find deals there sometimes. The big thing is that a fair number of reissues are just CDs pressed to vinyl to make a cheap buck so watch for that.

What kind of table did you get? I got an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge for Christmas. It was a pain in the dick to rebalance my table but man it sounds goooood. Luke Cage will punch you in the chest.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:50 PM
RIP Ferg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Vinal Edge in the heights if you ever make it that way.
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
I usually use Amazon and Soundstage Direct. Discogs is basically vinyl eBay and you can find deals there sometimes. The big thing is that a fair number of reissues are just CDs pressed to vinyl to make a cheap buck so watch for that.

What kind of table did you get? I got an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge for Christmas. It was a pain in the dick to rebalance my table but man it sounds goooood. Luke Cage will punch you in the chest.
It's nothing fancy in regards to the table but it's something to start with. How can you tell if a reissue is just CD pressed to vinyl? On a label or something?
Old 12-29-2016, 07:50 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Usually you have to nerd it up and look for pressing information online. Discogs is good for that, too. For example, I guess Geffen's "Back to Black" line of reissues is mostly not very good. I haven't picked up any, personally, so I can't say.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:04 PM
RIP Ferg

Gotcha. I just want to make my kids feel weird about some old shit they have no idea about mostly AND it's an excuse for everyone to leave me the fuck alone for at least one album length from time to time.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:55 PM
Shut up, crime!

Haha, the ritual/alone time is he same reason I got into it. There's something relaxing about putting on a record and sitting for an hour.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:42 PM
RIP Ferg

Ordered Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe Vinyl Edition Soundtrack/score because why the fuck not? It's a start and it'll give me plenty of quiet time next Friday.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:35 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Listening to a bunch of '80s bands, mostly Berlin, 'cause Teri Nunn is all that and two bags of chips.

Also, Rob, if you ain't playing your keyboards and dancing like any of the guys in this video, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
Old 01-06-2017, 09:19 PM
RIP Ferg

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Metal View Post
Ordered Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe Vinyl Edition Soundtrack/score because why the fuck not? It's a start and it'll give me plenty of quiet time next Friday.
This shit was amazing. Felt good to revel in my oldness.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:53 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

My kids and I loves that soundtrack so much.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:25 AM
RIP Ferg

I got the combo soundtrack/score and it is quite nice.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:38 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Late to the Party: Ghost B.C. is my fucking jam.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:27 PM
Shut up, crime!

YEESSSSSS
Old 04-29-2017, 08:30 PM
Shut up, crime!

So there's this Marilyn Manson track as part of the Rock Band Rivals challenge this week. I want my crew to level up as high as possible before the game switches to the "seasons" thing every game does now so I bought it. It's really pretty good so I'm listening to all of The Pale Emperor and it's...Pretty awesome. I thought he really took a nosedive after Mechanical Animals but this album bangs.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:36 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
Late to the Party: Ghost B.C. is my fucking jam.
Holla at ya boi
Old 08-18-2017, 07:33 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Old 08-21-2017, 11:23 AM
My wife's son

Old 09-05-2017, 05:30 PM
My wife's son