No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, the zombies will take a back seat by the second season if they are going some what near the books. Which is why I dig the series so much.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Iggy! New Horror thread idear!

Wasn't the slow vs. fast zombies argument the one that led to a meltdown of epic proportions on DERP a couple of years back? Personally, I side with 'digger and Darabont that zombie speed should depend on the story requirements. I'm with Rob, though, no parkour zombie or zombies moving at impossible speeds, unless it was established at the beginning or early on in a film or series that that particular zombie can do those things. Changing rules midway through a flick just for dramatic tension is hackery of the highest order.

Personally, I side with slower zombies - sure you can outrun them, but it's when they devour you en masse, or you're just not fast enough that the terror grabs me.

I'll also give a pass at zombies like you'd find in Resident Evil or 28 Days Later, as they're not really Romero-style zombies, but infected by some virus and technically still alive. Romero's zombies started out as dead bodies that were reanimated, which goes a long way to explaining why they move so slow - rigor mortis, rotted muscle and tendons, etc. means you won't be going too fast.

Comment

• My take on the whole thing is, you become a zombie through a virus of some kind. That's the one true basic principle of a zombie. You die, but some kind of sickness brings you back to "un-life." Diseases do millions of different things to the human body. So for one out of 100 zombies to have some tiny bit of mental capacity or motor function left makes sense, and can create a better narrative/creepy horror scene. What being sick does not do is turn you into a superhuman killing machine that can climb walls or outrun Usain Bolt.

Comment

• In one, Billy. My point exactly (I neglected to mention that Romero's zombies, at least originally, are reanimated through unknown means - space probe from Venus, no more room in Hell, etc.).

Comment

• Agreed. Every zombie running is scary, but not the right KIND of scary for zombie movies. Zombie movies are about creeping relentless dread and hopelessness. They're slow, but they also never stop. They never sleep, never ache, never space out. They go from 0 to "MUST EAT" in 1 second and they outnumber you. That's why zombies are scary.

Maybe a fresh zombie with non-injured legs can run, or maybe one has the dexterity left to pick up a rock or climb a short fence. Every zombie being a Crimson Head is the wrong kind of scary, but just one in the pack who can't be foiled by a slow jog or a fence hop, one where you have to haul ass and get to the bunker? That adds a perfect amount of tension and unpredictability to zombies.

TL: DR - Zombie purists 'sperg too damn hard about silly shit and 'The Walking Dead' does zombies awesomely.
            sigpic
            360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• Season 2 early talks has Lionsgate seeking to construct a fixed location.

Fixed location only means one thing for the comic fans.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Or they will all be in a Burger King.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Belding View Post
                  Or they will all be in a Burger King.

YOU CAN WIN A KINECT EVERY 15 SECONDS!
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I just hate Jeffrey for spoiling this episode for me. haha
                    Oh please! Did it really effect the viewing experience that much or did you just choose to manifest on that small bit of info. It's not my fault if you're obsessive. The ultra-sensitive hard-on you have for this is astounding!

Comment

Or they will all be in a Burger King.
                      Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                      YOU CAN WIN A KINECT EVERY 15 SECONDS!
                      I'd like a Zombie BK Broiler with extra cheese and brains, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
                        Oh please! Did it really effect the viewing experience that much or did you just choose to manifest on that small bit of info. It's not my fault if you're obsessive. The ultra-sensitive hard-on you have for this is astounding!

I'll remember this. I will spoil you on something major within the next 6 months.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Comment

• Hey, hey, hey! You guys are buddies! No fighting - hug that shit out!

Comment

• For the record, this is all I said, "Wonder how Henry the serial killer will come back into play, think he'll be there when his brother goes back for him?"

Your spoiler better be equally as vague!
                            Last edited by PHEDG; 11-09-2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• There is a lesson here folks - if Rob has been excited about a TV show before it's in production, don't talk about - even if it's the same thing that happened in a book.
                              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• I feel the same way about the upcoming David E. Kelley Wonder Woman project.

Comment

Working...
                                X