The Untitled BDR Shadowrun Campaign WIP Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Untitled BDR Shadowrun Campaign WIP Thread

So yeah, Ceej and I are hoping to build a fun BDR inspired Shadowrun Campaign with the new editor. Spent all weekend learning some basics. As of today we've been able to:

• build a room from scratch
    • add lights/VFX/pathing
    • created a computer that gives you security codes to open a locked door
    • added gamemaster text
    • dialogue

Here's the room in progress test I did today:

That's before any lighting, SFX, etc..

Here's after with point lighting, ambient lighting and special FX (sparks from the top of the vat, liquid leaking, and cockroaches surrying about:

I'll try to update this thread as we learn new things and what not. Gonna be awhile before we having anything actually finished, but this editor is pretty fucking neat.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Spoken dialogue or text only?
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

yep, full dialogue trees and everything. We wrote a bunch out on Friday. That's what we are having the most fun with at the moment.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

So this is all Steam based? I'll have to break out my old tower when the first entry goes gold.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

correct, like 20 bucks on steam for the entire package (game plus editor). People are already remaking the SNES game in this. Played a bit last night of the mod, pretty neat so far.

Comment

I think I'd lose myself and never return if they gave me the editor. Neverwinter Nights nearly did me in. Still, for a Jackson that is bretty amazing.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/OH5vT/embed"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8yKQ0ri8n9U?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                I think I'd lose myself and never return if they gave me the editor. Neverwinter Nights nearly did me in. Still, for a Jackson that is bretty amazing.
                Oh yeah, the NVN editor was pretty awesome. I never gave it enough love to do anything of merit though. Hoping the allure of cyberpunk will remedy that.

Comment

Cyberdragons
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Uh, so I figured out how to get my own art in the game....

Before clicking on "Rerb Huggies"

After (Using default conversation that I created for the computer)

Comment

PREPARE FOR ALL OF YOU TO END UP WITH A PHOTO IN GAME AT SOME POINT.

Comment

Rerb Huggies and what looks like Hawaiian Shirt Jake. I-I must play this game!

Comment

it's pretty fun.

Comment

That is glorious.

Wall to wall portraits of hurrrrrr
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I am so happy right now haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X