No announcement yet.

XBOX One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I read about the issues processing cable signal, the RF issues with the Kinect and the various home theater implications...I'm starting to side with the PS4.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• JOIN US ANDERSON
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• and users that don't use inverted controls can't be trusted.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          and users that don't use inverted controls can't be trusted.
          Another hippie dope fiend on the inverted side. Makes sense.

Comment

• The RF issue and the signal noise for the TV is a big fucking issue for me. We actually had to redesign the media rack and reposition about 60% of my HT equipment because of it.

If I even get a whiff of that headache, it will be PS4 only
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• What exactly is the issue? And what problems does it cause?

Comment

What exactly is the issue? And what problems does it cause?
                When you filter your cable box through the 360, even on partner media sites it downgrades the video and can't read certain audio streams.

If a channel is in Dolby Digital, it tries to upconvert DTS or downconvert to PCM. The XBOX One can't read On Demand Service through its UI.

Plus, you can't break the line of sight with the Kinect at more than a 30 degree angle or 12 feet when operating as a Entertainment remote.

All of that is so fucking impractical when it comes to home theater integration.

Comment

• so if I tried to use Comcast On Demand and my box was hooked up via the XBONE it wouldn't work? If that's true, that would suck. We use on demand all the time.

Comment

so if I tried to use Comcast On Demand and my box was hooked up via the XBONE it wouldn't work? If that's true, that would suck. We use on demand all the time.
                    It would try to load and then dump you back into the channel selection screen.

Comment

• that seems like that has to be fixed at launch or else, WTF?! Especially with the fact that Microsoft wants to be the focal point of your entertainment center.

Comment

• They're working on getting On Demand working direct from Xbone, but apparently it's an issue with every cable provider with a different box and their own software to run on demand and the DVR.

Comment

• Not being able to read certain audio outputs is crazy though. I think so much of this functionality is missing because of the changes they made after people bitching about the original plans. There's no way it was scheduled to come in this hot missing Twitch and some of the TV stuff.

Comment

• Well, I guess inverted controls will cause the next Civil War and, just like before, the North will be on the correct side of history.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Not being able to read certain audio outputs is crazy though. I think so much of this functionality is missing because of the changes they made after people bitching about the original plans. There's no way it was scheduled to come in this hot missing Twitch and some of the TV stuff.
                              Cranky Old Man gravedigger wants to say "hey, remember when products used to be finished before they shipped?" but 21st Century gravedigger agrees with what Billy is saying and thinks it's neat that so many changes can be implemented so close to launch. Even if it means a few speed bumps during the first few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                Well, I guess inverted controls will cause the next Civil War and, just like before, the North will be on the correct side of history.
                                SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN MOTHERFUCKER WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                Cranky Old Man gravedigger wants to say "hey, remember when products used to be finished before they shipped?" but 21st Century gravedigger agrees with what Billy is saying and thinks it's neat that so many changes can be implemented so close to launch. Even if it means a few speed bumps during the first few months.
                                Or, remember when shit shipped broke and we had to just deal with it and buy another a year later? I agree, shit sucks, but evolving products is really nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X