X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC: Redcoats Must Die

http://www.giantbomb.com/heres-the-r...-week/17-5963/

All of the boners.

so long as there isn't any bullshit tower defense shit inthis one, I'm game.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

No time for tower defense when you're murdering the fuck outta Johnny Redcoat!

Comment

Finally.

My dream of a Last of the Mohicans game has come as close to true as it can get.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Put in a bit over two hours. Holy shit, this game takes its time and the pacing is great. So far I've not reached ANYTHING Ubisoft was pimping out in ads and previews. I'm totally digging it.

Comment

Ben Franklin is awesome in this game so far. Writer, philosopher, inventer, Boomin' Granny enthusiast.

I love how Desmond and I had the EXACT same reaction at the end of Sequence 3.
            sigpic
            360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

I'm in Sequence 3 right now.

And Ben Franklin is exactly as he was in real life. Super perv deluxe.

Comment

Man, Ubisoft, you did a HELL of a job hiding all this crazy shit at the beginning. About 5 hours in now. Loving it to death.

Comment

The game needs to pick up.

I just played the early shit and I'll spoil a little here.

Spoiler: really? 

It's like if you first played Super Mario Brothers and the game stopped. Then, you had to make Mario and Luigi's parents meet and fuck before the first level of the game would load.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

That's a pretty good summation. Hour 5 is where it really gets going. I'd say it's twice as long as it needs to be, but I see what they were going for and it's pretty cool...it just gets tedious.

Comment

Finished it last night. I have mixed feelings about this game. The pacing of this game is off. I was fine with the slow build at the beginning but then it resets when young Connor shows up. For all that time spent in "tutorial mode," there were quite a few things it never really explained how to do or were changed for worse from Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood or even Revelations.

The game was buggy too. I had to restart from a checkpoint a few times. The story was all over the place. There were some interesting missions, the opening was great, but the story was off.

Spoiler: Ending 
                      Interesting end, Desmond picked the very Templar choice at the end. Obviously a setup to more games, with Juno freed upon the world, but poorly executed and a little anticlimactic. Also, Daniel Cross in Desmond's story went nowhere. I feel like I may have missed something there with the way that part ended. Seemed like they were setting Cross up for more.

The Naval stuff was fun. I still have to go back and do a few more of those. I miss the tall structures of the Renaissance and the rooftop free running. I mostly stayed on the ground in this one. There wasn't much Prince of Persia platforming sections either.

Kaniehti:io would have been a bold and better choice as the protagonist, but I didn't hate Connor as it seems most did.

I prefer Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood.

Spoiler: More ending spoilers 
                      I wanted to play as Jesus/Moses Desmondo!
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Early on, but I love it so far.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Can't get myself back into this. Connor isn't near the interesting character Ezio was.

Comment

On the final chase sequence for the last hour. It is god awful. I don't even want to acknowledge this game exists now.

Comment

In New York, tailing the counterfeiter. I had to stop before I killed the world.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                              X