No announcement yet.

Alton Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Billy. ALL of Food Network isn't bad. Plus anything that makes cooking accessible to the masses (we eat out way too often in America) has to get a small pass.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Bourdain knows his French classics. Borrowed his book (Les Halles). Great stuff.

Recipe coming up Howard (I don't really have one).
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Alton Brown = MacGuyver

That's why he's awesome. Now if this thread was all about Rachel Ray then we'd have issues.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Brown ain't the best chef, but he knows his stuff, and makes it interesting.

Don't remember Bourdain hating all of Food Network. Mostly Rachel Ray and Jamie Oliver. And if anyone on the FN deserves prainse, it's Alton Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Brown ain't the best chef, but he knows his stuff, and makes it interesting.

Don't remember Bourdain hating all of Food Network. Mostly Rachel Ray and Jamie Oliver. And if anyone on the FN deserves prainse, it's Alton Brown.
            QFT on all counts. I mean, Brown's show is called "Good Eats", not "Haute Cuisine". It's supposed to be more than a touch homey.

And as annoying as she is, Some of Rachael Ray's 30 minute meal recipes at least look & sound interesting (I admit I haven't gotten around to trying any), and anything fast & easy to cook in the middle of the week works for me, being the one who does the lion's share of the cooking in my 2 professional household. Also, I got a salami I'd like her to sample, given the opportunity.
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Is that your famous Stuffed Rachel Ray with Iggy sauce recipe?

Comment

Yes, but don't ask me to post it.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

I don't know anything about battles over the food network but Brown has taught me how to cook a few things here and there while not being a pain in the ass to watch/listen to. Can't see that being a bad thing.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Alton picks the 5 cookbooks everyone should have
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I have one!

Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking!

Comment

Jealous. This year I'm going to venture into new recipes even when I feel overwhelmed.

Comment

Working...
                        X