Transformers 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
    That may well be, but what is it really saying? There's still no weight to any of that opening sequence. It doesn't matter how much the Stars and Stripes flutter in the wind or how many generic "pulse-pounding" action scenes there are if the characters are simply ciphers. As The Ruck said before, Bay + emotion = shrug.

Even Ed Harris can't elevate his generic "the line must be drawn HEEEEAAAH!" speech to anything of note. It's just as empty as so much of his work because it tries to take itself somewhat seriously and he's not nimble enough to pull something like that off. He barely succeeds as a peddler of bombastic vacuousness most of the time.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH BEST USE OF DR.DREW EVER! HAHAHAHAHHA
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        That may well be, but what is it really saying? There's still no weight to any of that opening sequence. It doesn't matter how much the Stars and Stripes flutter in the wind or how many generic "pulse-pounding" action scenes there are if the characters are simply ciphers. As The Ruck said before, Bay + emotion = shrug.

Even Ed Harris can't elevate his generic "the line must be drawn HEEEEAAAH!" speech to anything of note. It's just as empty as so much of his work because it tries to take itself somewhat seriously and he's not nimble enough to pull something like that off. He barely succeeds as a peddler of bombastic vacuousness most of the time.

Just in case this gets taken out of context, I'm not getting bent out of shape about this. I'm just enjoying the debate. Only saying this because I suspect sometimes I come off as angry when, in fact, I'm just engaged.
        Bay has a majority share in cheap, store-bought nationalistic pride.

And vacuousness is Bay's middle name, baby.

He's amazing at dealing that shit out.

I have come to despise him for it, but nowadays he makes movies that are not really geared toward me or those who have a similar attention span. He creates vast tapestries of nonsense, tornadoes of sensory overload that I just can't stomach them unless I dumb myself down with Oliver Reed-ian levels of drink.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• So far it's opened to half the business of the second film (stateside, at least) even with the 3D bump. So it's doubtful as all shit this does $200 million in its first 6 days.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I'd wait for the weekend though. Not everyone can run out in the middle of the week.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Hopefully seeing this tonight. If not tonight then Saturday morning. Still pumped. haters gonna hate.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I hope you're not disappointed, Rob. Serially.

Comment

• This is Rerb we're talking about. Even if it's terrible he'll just use that for cast material. Man makes lemonade out of shit sandwiches.

Comment

• If it sucks, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong...AGAIN. haha

However I have a feeling I'll be easily entertained by the pretty pictures, you know, cause I have the attention span of a moron.

Comment

• I just hope the last 45 minutes is enough to overshadow the hour plus of suck before it.

Comment

• Rob, I'm just hoping you enjoy it, as I really dread the next podcast would be naught but CJ asking you if you were OK, and all you do is mutter - "whatever. Don't care. Movie sucked. Hate Bay. Fuck it. Going back to bed."

Comment

• I'm worried about everyone here saying The Rock is Bay's best movie. WTF topsy turvy world is this? Bad Boys II 4 lyfe!

Comment

• The first one's better. It didn't go on... and on... and on... unnecessarily.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I hope everyone who willingly pays money for this thing pisses their pants at a very inopportune time.
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Like when I am standing on your grave?

/Clint Eastwood

Comment

Working...
                                X