No announcement yet.

Brain Dead Radio Episode 42: I Liked Podcasts Before They Were Cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your point about not enjoying seeking out new music is the entire reason it is a fun and interesting entertainment field: you go out and you find something new that inspires you when you hear it.

You don't like doing that? I find that to be a crazy man's notion.

And then you punched yourself in the bag and I understood.

This motherfucker crazy.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Juggalos and hipsters will both be treated equally by me. They will be met with extreme violence.

Comment

After the first cockpunch, I now know why your voice was kind of hoarse when we played Blops that night...

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
          Your point about not enjoying seeking out new music is the entire reason it is a fun and interesting entertainment field: you go out and you find something new that inspires you when you hear it.

You don't like doing that? I find that to be a crazy man's notion.

And then you punched yourself in the bag and I understood.

This motherfucker crazy.
          I used to like doing that, but everything that people suggest for me is music I just can't do anything with. And now that I'm with Lesley (whose music I really just can't stand) it's harder for me to find new stuff I can since I don't just listen to music that much anymore. Wearing headphones all the time gets old.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Haven't listened to the new episode yet, but with Rob on finding new music. It's a fucking chore. Pandora? Rdio? Last.Fm? You end up listening to 10-15 songs that are total shit, or even worse, good music/musicians ruined by fucking abominable singers. I cannot understand this fascination of having the whiniest, no tune carrying, piss ant of every band be the lead. It's the fucking anti-poon. Are "rock stars" such pussies now that they actively try to run off the groupies?

That's basically why the only "new" music I ever really find is local rap. There's a couple sites that dedicate themselves to local guys, and I find their new music/mixtapes, as well as new artists on there because I can sample a couple tracks and download a whole album in 1 minute to check out. A big part of not discovering new music is I'm not going to buy album blindly, and going to find it free on mediafire or something is a pain in the ass.

As for Wilco...they were in Houston last week and the singer made the "joke" that he was sorry to hear so many people seem to be "messing with Texas" lately. Really? That campaign is over 30 years old. At least make a W joke.

Comment

Agreed on all counts.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                I used to like doing that, but everything that people suggest for me is music I just can't do anything with. And now that I'm with Lesley (whose music I really just can't stand) it's harder for me to find new stuff I can since I don't just listen to music that much anymore. Wearing headphones all the time gets old.
                Not talking about suggestions.

I'm talkin' NATURAL PO-LICE WORK.

Do the due diligence, and I assure you that you will find something new you will enjoy. The world is small, but it ain't that fucking small.

Saying you don't listen that much anymore is a cop-out. I know you listen to stuff, but at a certain point you get tired of the same stuff all the time.
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-16-2011, 07:43 AM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

The Sword rules.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

And turning 30 indeed sucks.

Comment

Wait until you hit 40...

Fucking whiny cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
                        Wait until you hit 40...

Fucking whiny cunts.
                        Good Morning!

How are you?

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                          Not talking about suggestions.

I'm talkin' NATURAL PO-LICE WORK.

Do the due diligence, and I assure you that you will find something new you will enjoy. The world is small, but it ain't that fucking small.

Saying you don't listen that much anymore is a cop-out. I know you listen to stuff, but at a certain point you get tired of the same stuff all the time.

Oh I know it's a cop-out.

Comment

Here's to hoping you turn that shit around, bro.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

Several f-bombs sailed by near the beginning.

Comment

Godzilla could never beat Barkley in real life.

Comment

Working...
                                X