Braindead Radio Episode 6: Carrot Sticks and Public Bathrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading...now.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

You're insane, Rob. Drag Me To Hell is a Raimi film. Even if it were marketed as a horror film, you should have known better.

Although, props for telling CJ to expect it to be a Raimi film.

I loved the film but fuck I don't think I'd want to watch it again because of the Paul Barghs.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Also, some excellent black and white films to check out: The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Metropolis. I've also heard 8 1/2 is amazing. Have it, but not seen it. Hahaha.

Man Bites Dog is another excellent black and white flick.

Comment

Seen em. Good stuff.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Fail on CJs part for getting Cillian Murphy confused with Jared Leto. Wrong on so many levels.

But the sound quality of the calls were great. I'll be listening to the rest of the show today.

But Rob, did you seriously wear fingerless gloves at one point?

Comment

I still rock the fingerless gloves. I did it for smoking as it's fucking impossible to smoke with my pink mittens. lulz.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Only real men smoke with pink mittens. John Wayne would do that shit all the time.

As for driving a car without heat, good god!

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                  You're insane, Rob. Drag Me To Hell is a Raimi film. Even if it were marketed as a horror film, you should have known better.

Although, props for telling CJ to expect it to be a Raimi film.

I loved the film but fuck I don't think I'd want to watch it again because of the Paul Barghs.

I don't think I ever said it wasn't a Raimi film. I believe my gripe was that it was marketed as a "scary film" and instead we got a Loony Toons movie. Which I'm fine with, but just that it didn't blow me away like his other flicks.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                    As for driving a car without heat, good god!
                    Yep. I was rocking a cardigan, hoodie, coat, gloves and scarf to work today. And when I got here, my engine was smoking like a motherfucker. Sucks. Even worse, I got denied an auto loan this weekend, so hooray for that.

Comment

Gonna have to agree on Drag Me. It almost seemed like a Joe Dante movie.
                      Last edited by Ed Hocken; 12-07-2009, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        I don't think I ever said it wasn't a Raimi film. I believe my gripe was that it was marketed as a "scary film" and instead we got a Loony Toons movie. Which I'm fine with, but just that it didn't blow me away like his other flicks.
                        But his other movies are rather Looney Toons. Especially, Army of Darkness. I'm just saying, if you know the director and his body of work, you should never go by what the film is being marketed as.

Comment

Gonna have to agree on Drag Me. It almost seemed like a Joe Dante movie.
                          THAT. Perfect way to describe it.

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                          But his other movies are rather Looney Toons. Especially, Army of Darkness. I'm just saying, if you know the director and his body of work, you should never go by what the film is being marketed as.
                          Unless they were trying something new. I don't hate the flick, but I honestly thought we were going to be in for more of scary flick. Maybe more in line of the first Evil Dead as opposed to Army of Darkness (which I fucking love). It may just be the world both movies are set in.

Comment

What bothered me about Drag Me was the fact that Christine didn't even embarass the gypsy woman. She did that to herself in the bank.

Comment

What bothered me about Drag Me was the fact that Christine didn't even embarass the gypsy woman. She did that to herself in the bank.

Yeah. I mean, she denied her the loan (to get the job) but it's not her fault the gypsy women dropped to her knees to beg. I doubt the boss would have given it to her either.

Comment

Working...
                              X