No announcement yet.

Braindead Radio Episode 1: No Hidden Meanings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I agree with you. There aren't a lot of games that are rated E that are ridiculously hard. But blame the developers. They want the parents' money.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

DING DING DING.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

But you didn't say that. You said kid gamers weren't hardcore. I was trying to say they are. It just depends on the consoles they have.

Comment

No shit, although it blows my mind just how much unplayable shit was out there back in the day.

Kids today don't know what it was like. We didn't have the information we have now. We had Nintendo Power, not the most objective source. And speaking of which, who in the fuck won those contests in the middle of the magazine? I don't think anyone did.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

But what definitions are you using to say kid gamers are hardcore? And what age range? Teens don't count.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I won a shirt once from Nintendo Power. It had Howard and Nester on it.

Comment

Kids = under 12. And hardcore by kicking ass, and lots of it.
                Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 10-13-2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

When was the last time you met a hardcore kid under 12 that wasn't playing MATURE games or games other than Pokemon? I'm just saying as I have 4 siblings all under 12 and while they play games, it's not a big deal to them like it was to us when we were their ages.

Comment

I guess. But I can't relate too much in regards to the hardcore games. Once I tried them and found out I couldn't beat them, I gave up and moved on to RPGs.

Until I got older and gravitated towards shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                      COD4 on veteran was waaaayyy too hard. Not fun. I quit.
                      Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      I'm not saying that you have to try the hardest mode possible, but normal modes are easy modes today. The jump between Normal and Veteran in COD was fucking stupid. But Normal was too easy. There needs to be a fine line. But kids are fucking pussies today. That has yet to be disproved.
                      Heh, if you just start out on veteran your first time through, you won't know how easy it could be. I expect everyone here to play Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran the first playthrough.

Entertaining podcast. Kids today are spoiled. Battletoads and Ninja Turtles were hard as shit. If the game sucks, I do regret starting on the hardest mode. I just want to get it over with or I quit.
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Oh and I would say (in regards to hard games) Professor Layton. That shit is geared toward kids. And it's fucking difficult.

Comment

Also, the way platformers have evolved. 3D makes everything easier.

Comment

Why do games have to be bone-crushingly difficult to be considered good? I remember all the old time games (and wager I was playing them before many of you) and those games were not designed to be won by the majority. They were made to punish and humiliate (and generally speaking the ONLY way they were going to be won was if the button-mashing gods were with you).
                            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              I won a shirt once from Nintendo Power. It had Howard and Nester on it.
                              You sonuvabitch.

And dang it Howard, we didn't have your skills back in the day. What with your 2-liter of Shasta and Rush Mix-tape.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

They don't need to be bone-crushingly difficult. I just don't want to spend 60 bucks on a game and beat it in 2 days. *Cough* Batman, COD4*cough* I'd just like some varied difficulties. Normal = too easy Hard =BMZPAIN HARD

Comment

Working...
                                X