Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Woodmans.

Intredasting doc on a photographer wunderkind surrounded by a mediocre artist family who thought it better to cash out early because she was out of shit.

And her shit still holds up. Holy fuck does it ever hold up. At least the photography does. Her videotaped logs, not so much.

Oh well, they can't all be winners. Just ask her mom. OH SNAP
    Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-24-2012, 02:42 PM.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Any other history buffs catch these? They were fan-fucking-tastic. Bought.

Comment

• I kind of want to see this. Mostly for the section with the little kid and his dad at the BronyCon.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fuck yeah! The few I saw were great.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• 5 Broken Cameras

If this doesn't win the Oscar there is no justice.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• http://w

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3K8Nru6fnc

Comment

• Robert Smith needs to stop looking that.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Herzog is the man.

Comment

• Five Broken Cameras

If that doesn't win the Oscar I'll be shocked, but not that surprised, as it really slaps Israel in the balls. Awesome doc.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I have owned an appreciable number of the units on display here. I mostly think of them all with fond memories.

Comment

• Nice. I love pedals and I really want to see this flick.

Comment

• I watched Room 237 over the weekend. REally gave me an appreciation for how well made Kubrick's The Shining is, though I put next to no stock in any of the bizarre theories behind it, fascinating as they are. Very entertaining if you're a Kubrick enthusiast - not sure if it offers much otherwise.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The Shining is one of my favorite films of all time. I think it's out sometime this month here.

Comment

• This is going to be the shit. If it's anything like the Never Sleep Again doc, you Friday fans will not want to miss this.

Comment

• I know I've whored his stuff out before at some point, but my homie Dan did a great thing last year and part of the year before where he did his damnedest to review a documentary a day and he was sort of my muse for a lot of documentary stuff. Check out tha blog and the write-ups here: http://daysofdocs.wordpress.com/
                                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Working...
                                X