This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iggy & The Stooges' Raw Power.

Dirty, grimy, sadistic and seemingly stripped of any and all polish (not the sausage(although that is delicious)). Ahead of its time, as evidenced by the fact it was seen as a commercial failure back when it was first released (see, people had no taste back then too).

And next: Funhouse.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
      Wow, I'm going to have to look that one up tonight...That is the turntablist X-Ecutioners right?
      That's the one!!! Very good shit!!!
      "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."
      Homer Simpson

"What if you get scared half to death twice?"
      Steven Wright

Comment

I've never really been a fan of the X-Men. I was always partial to the Invisbl Skratch Piklz.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Please tell me you made that up.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Fuck no. The Skratch Piklz are the guys that inspired me to pick up my first set of turntables back in the day. Q-Bert is a fucking alien when it comes to skratching. The shit him, Mix Master Mike, and Yogafrog were doing was fucking the pimp shit.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Skatch Piklz are dope, but I was always loyal to the local Beat Junkies...although QBert is fucking insane...love all the shit he did with Dan the Automator.
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Back in my day, people made music usin' them things like guitars and drums and banging tambourines (not slang for anything living).

I'm the oldest man on this board. OOOOOoooold. Where's my Who: Live at Leeds record?
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

The Who rules all.

Comment

And you're older than me?

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
                      Led Zepplin are dope, but I was always loyal to The Beatles...although David Bowie is fucking insane...love the shit he did with Queen.
                      Fixed for me.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I feel like it today.

In fact, I feel like I'm around 60-something today. Angry, bitter, forced out of retirement to fight against a corrupt general in the South American jungle.

Wait...that's that new Stallone movie.

I just haven't had enough coffee today.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Fuck you Ari, I have never been loyal to the Fuck Five...you take that back!!!!!
                          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Went ahead and picked up the rerelease of Daydream Nation from Sonic Youth.

Great day to listen to it too (working on things that need lots of energy to finish/start...like a Black Metal cult).

Shitloads of bands that sprang forth from SY's womb can't even touch the sort of tempo/sound experimentation they were doing twenty years ago.

And being as it is, and that I was a musictard, listening to the "dark" stylings of Phil Collins (Thanks Patton Oswalt) back when this was released, I couldn't wrap my head around how awesome they were and are.

They are awesome. And welcome to "Things you probably already knew," I'm your host, Captain Obvious.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Puscifer... Go Maynard Go!!!! "this lady's got the thickness. can I get a witness?"
                              Homer Simpson

Steven Wright

Comment

"It's always gonna be sour grapes with you, boy. Until you get right with Jesus."
                                Homer Simpson

Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X