This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    Watching Giant Bomb's Metal Gear Scanlon vids, I have the itch to play those games again (well, mostly just MGS3 and then finally digging into MGS4).

It is so insanely juvenile at times, but still so ahead of its time in mechanics, storytelling (exposition codecs and cornball "love on a battle field" lines be damned), and presentation.

I'm conflicted. And I only have the weekend to really do any of it before everything starts back up. I think I'll save it for a long weekend down the line.
    MGS4 is fucking AMAZING. Haters gonna hate but that game was fucking LEGIT AS FUCK and that ending? Oh shit son. IT's the best MGS game that isn't the first one. Get outta here with the 3rd one. Hated the jungle shit.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      I can get the game to output to DTS 5.1 and it's pants-shitting. I had to stop for a few days after the last close call.

I thought Rob was kidding about this game.
      fuck no man. This game has made my neighbors hate me.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        MGS4 is fucking AMAZING. Haters gonna hate but that game was fucking LEGIT AS FUCK and that ending? Oh shit son. IT's the best MGS game that isn't the first one. Get outta here with the 3rd one. Hated the jungle shit.
        I remember loving the jungle and camo system. The whole Bond send-up clicked with the usual over the top characters and moments of MGS, and The Boss is still one of my favorite characters from the series because she fuckin' cold son.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• For me and my color blind issues, sneaking around and being able to pick out guys and what not was a pain in the ass. I constantly got lost in the jungle. The Boss is an amazing character though.

Comment

• had a blast playing GTA ONLINE with Nate and Ceej yesterday. Fun stuff.

Comment

• loving this game so far:
              <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-V7yUYoy74M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                For me and my color blind issues, sneaking around and being able to pick out guys and what not was a pain in the ass. I constantly got lost in the jungle. The Boss is an amazing character though.
                That is the worst handicap to have for a game like Snake Eater.

Having hook hands might be a step up.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Finished AssCreed Rogue, it was more Black Flag basically with a Templar character who plays like an Assassin. It was fun, shorter than other games in the series. Worth a play eventually if you're an AssCreed fan, or if it gets a PS4/Xbone release.

Started Dragon Age Inquisition, on Nightmare no less. Doing better now but fuck it was brutal early. I think I'm making the game longer than I'd like though playing on nightmare, I think I might drop it down to normal and forgo trying to platinum in one playthrough. I like it so far, but I don't want to spend 200 hours trying to finish it on Nightmare for a damn trophy.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  Watching Giant Bomb's Metal Gear Scanlon vids, I have the itch to play those games again (well, mostly just MGS3 and then finally digging into MGS4).

It is so insanely juvenile at times, but still so ahead of its time in mechanics, storytelling (exposition codecs and cornball "love on a battle field" lines be damned), and presentation.

I'm conflicted. And I only have the weekend to really do any of it before everything starts back up. I think I'll save it for a long weekend down the line.
                  Heh, yeah every time they mention it on the Bombcast or it shows up on the front page, I think of subscribing to Giant Bomb just to see Metal Gear Scanlon. I usually do playthrough of all the games before the release of the next game, but I've been itching to play them again. I suppose with MGS5 probably later this year I have the excuse to play them again. I have done all my hard mode, stealth, no kill runs of all the games, so now I usually just start on normal or easy and mess around. If you haven't played MGS4, it's a must for any MGS fan.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  MGS4 is amazing, but, out of all the games, I'd say MGS3 Subsistence is the best, although ask me tomorrow and I'll say the first MGS is. I love Kojima's version of the Cold War. Plus, it gave us the Boss, Naked Snake, the song, Snake Eater, young Ocelot, and the ladder! It's still my favorite multiplayer game ever too, that no one played.

Spoiler: Liquid! 
                  Fuck you guys, now I need to play some MGS!
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• How pissed off must MS be with 343 Industries? I mean, seriously.

Comment

• oh shit, what now?

Comment

• Oh, nothing new. I just can't believe what a total cluster this whole thing has been. I have never made it into a MCC match and can MAYBE get into one Halo 5 beta match per hour. And that's IF it will load correctly. I understand this is a testing phase but, holy crap, even the Destiny Alpha ran better than this. It's just so weird considering Halo is THE Xbox franchise.

Comment

• yeah, so annoyed with that. Halo 5 matches seem to work better for me, but the normal game lists are a complete crap shoot.

Comment

• Well MS wanted that collection out for the holiday, and 343 didn't even do the development on it. A third party dev house did. I am sure MS is unhappy, but fuck, that's an ambitious as fuck project to go handing off to a third party.

Comment

• Fuck, man, so much shit to do in Dragon Age Inquisition.
                              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, it's kind of why I haven't touched it in a while despite really enjoying it. I can't find the attention span for that kind of game, and it felt like even spending 3 hours playing in one sitting I got nothing done.

Comment

Working...
                                X