Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    The Babymakers.

Goddammit Broken Lizard guys. Stop making unfunny movies.

I picked this up during Deep Discount's Thanksgiving Fire sale. For $3.75 for a Blu-Ray...I still felt cheated.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Also, WTF was the point of Avon Barksdale being in the movie besides being the one black friend for like 10 mins?

Just really, really unfunny.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

isn't that the flick based on the true story of that crazy bitch that tortured 2 girls in her care along with her kids and husband?
        Yes it is. I saw this in a theatre in NYC, & Jack Ketchum was on hand to introduce it & sign autographs afterward. While Trejo's reaction is one shared by all who watch this film (or read the book, which is even more horrible, if you can believe it), Ketchum said he actually toned it DOWN from the reality it was based on. THAT blows my mind.

I bought this DVD, both because I . . . well, LIKED it isn't the right word. . . but you know what I mean, and because at that book signing Jack Ketchum was such a nice guy I will rarely miss an opportunity to give him more of my money. I also recommend the book & film versions of "The Lost". W/ a few silly moments excepted, almost a uniformly good adaptation of a great book.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

The Babymakers.

Goddammit Broken Lizard guys. Stop making unfunny movies.
          Every time I go to click on this on Instant I hesitate at the last second. Like my subconscious is warning me away or something.

I just watched CHRONICLE and loved every second of it. I take issue with a few things near the end but its overall just so fun and good that I'll let the issues slide.

Comment

• I enjoyed Chronicle a lot more the second time round. Truthfully, I could have watched a whole film of them pranking fools.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Still lulz pretty hard with the teddy bear scene. That poor girl is gonna have issues when she gets older.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• THE DILEMMA

I had a headache last night so I stayed in the hotel and watched HBO. This movie is such a nothing...a complete trifle without any real entertainment value. How did this thing get greenlit?
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  THE DILEMMA

I had a headache last night so I stayed in the hotel and watched HBO. This movie is such a nothing...a complete trifle without any real entertainment value. How did this thing get greenlit?

Ron Howard. Universal is his bitch and he always has plenty of lube.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I watched the first hour or so of GREEN LANTERN last night. It didn't look terrible, but holy shit was Ryan Reynolds miscast as the lead. With someone like Bradley Cooper in there, it would have worked better.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Ryan is the best part of the movie not named HEctor Hammond in my opinion. Him and Bradley Cooper are totally interchangeable for the most part.

Comment

• Green Lantern was an epic misfire from the word "go". I agree with Matt, Reynolds was miscast for Hal Jordan, and the character was pretty much unlikable. Plus, heavy on the exposition, not so much on actually showing us anything, despite the special effects on display (let's see Green Lanterns DOING something besides looking all alien and stuff). Also, we had Mark Strong as Sinestro, who was absolutely wasted in this. Shit, why wasn't HE the big bad instead of Hammond? Fuck this "wait for the sequel" shit - you get one shot at getting people interested in a GL franchise, you fire all your guns at once in the first flick, then bring out newer, bigger guns in the sequel (they could've done Sinestro as the big bad in the first flick, second flick is Sinestro and his Yellow Lanterns, round out the trilogy with the other Lanterns - Red, Blue, Plaid, whatever).

I read somewhere that the stuff with Hal in space or on Oa was the best bits, but it tanked when he was on Earth, and I gotta agree. WB had a shot at making this their big epic sci-fi superhero flick, and they failed.

Comment

• I agree with Tim but BRUNETTE LIVELY.

Comment

• wait, I must be missing something. How is Hal unlikable in the movie? I never got a hint of unlikability at all. Is it because you both just don't like Ryan to begin with?

Comment

• Rob's right. Reynolds is totes likeable.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Nope, I dig Reynolds fine. Been a fan since Van Wilder. It's just the way Jordan was portrayed/written here - he just came off as annoying in parts (he has a bad time during his training, and instead of busting his hump to get through it, he quits. Huh? The guy's a fucking test pilot, he's used to tough training, being brave as fuck in the face of a potential jet crash, and he pusses out because he's having a bad time?). I'm not blaming Reynolds at all, really, but they could've written him better instead of Van Wilder with a power ring, which is how he came off on occasion. Maybe if Reynolds had a better script to work with.

Also, not feeling the Hal/Carol romance. Felt forced a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X