This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so fucked up how the copyright stuff works in regards to youtube vs. twitch
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Youtube uses some really sketchy shit. Funny thing is image flipping pretty much bypasses 99% of it.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• it mostly my intermission song. And I can't really remove it from the other videos and already got hit twice. Going forward I'm just using my own music. Fuck it.

But I'll never be able to monetize the vids on youtube.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• To be honest though, I'm not sure if I really want to post these on Youtube now that I think about it. It seems like I may be opening myself up to some bullshit. I'll give it a few days, see if I change my mind or not.

Comment

• well balls. Looks like I need to upload them to the tubes as Twitch deletes videos after a few days. Something I didn't know thanks to only finding it after digging into their help section.

Comment

• So as it stands now....if you dig these try to catch them on twitch first. I'm not going to upload every video to youtube especially if we're doing more than one game going forward. Videos stay up a few days on twitch, then they're deleted automatically.

Comment

• They shouldn't be getting deleted off Twitch like that. I watch tons of old Giant Bomb and other videos on twitch that are old as fuck.

Comment

• It looks like the moment I upload them to youtube, I lose the "save forever" option. I shot a tweet out to twitch to figure this shit out. I noticed that 3 videos of ours were deleted last night and I couldn't figure out why.

Comment

• Sucks vids got deleted.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• yeah, my two left 4 dead ones did. The rest have been either saved or uploaded to youtube.

Comment

• but my goal is to upload some of the videos on youtube to get people to watch them and then come to twitch to watch the rest as going forward I should be able to save all of my vids on twitch with no problems.

Comment

• Why are they getting deleted on twitch? I've watched years old shit from other sites on twitch.

Comment

• it's part of their site. What they don't tell you when you start there is that you can save indefinitiely but it's not a default setting and you need to do it on every video prior to uploading to other sites.

Comment

• since I didn't do that for most of my vids, they are deleted/will be. but they are already up on youtube at http://youtube.com/bdrcade

Comment

• So what you're saying is you can save them all from this point on? Or no?

Comment

Working...
                                X