No announcement yet.

DARK SOULS: A Masochist's Love Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks man, I'm reading that now. This game is the shit.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      thanks man, I'm reading that now. This game is the shit.
      I'm honestly shocked.

Comment

• Why? Granted I could be saying: "FUCK THIS GAME" in a matter of days, but so far I'm digging it. The combat is tight, the sound effects are great in 5.1, and I have a feeling it's just gonna get better.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I just expected a lot of FUCK THOSE FUCKING SKELETON FIRE BOMBS AND FUCK THE GODDAMN CAPRA DEMON, but as you say give it a couple days.

Comment

• When you say you killed the first big guy who was that? The dude in the tutorial part where you drop on top of him?

Comment

• I just wish there was a little more in the way of a tutorial. I honestly have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.

Comment

• Yeah, the wiki is your friend. This game gives you NO fucking help figuring out what you are doing. My bit of advice is to invest in strength, as you'll find a lot of badass weapons and armor that require decent strength to wield with 1h plus shield.

I can tell you what will happen now. You'll play for 10-15 hours with noooooooooo idea what you're doing. You'll probably fuck up your character big time. Then you will know enough, and have read enough to know how you want to play and storm through it and get where you were in 15 hours in about 5 hours.

Comment

• What's a good starting class and special ability?

Comment

• Pyromancer or whatever it's called. The fireball is OP as fuck.

Comment

• I think I picked him but I can't use my fireballs.

Comment

• You have to switch to them and it will replace your sword.

Comment

• Weird. I see the fireball looking icon in the top section of the D-Pad icon and my sword is in the right section. I would need to move the fireball to the right then?

Comment

• No, you just press up on the d-pad or however it is you change items. It will highlight the fireball.

Comment

• oh derp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                                Weird. I see the fireball looking icon in the top section of the D-Pad icon and my sword is in the right section. I would need to move the fireball to the right then?
                                No, the fireballs are just in your spell list. Equip your pyromancy flame (the cheeto hand) as you would your main melee weapon. Now use the right d-pad button to switch between the two. Casting is made possible using the right bumper.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X