Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it was like a TV show. There was a commercial around 10 minutes in and then another that played around 15 minute. I figured they weren't placed by you since they kind of popped up in the middle of sentences.

Comment

• we recorded over an hour of me playing RE7 in VR with a webcam on me.

Ceej didn't realize that he needed to make sure I was in frame AND close to my mic which is a bummer because he got me good a few times. \

I didn't know I wasn't either of those things until like 45 mins in.

I will go through footage and see if there is anything worth salvaging.

ugh and lol to the fact I need a goddamn producer who sets this shit up and pays attention haha. I WAS IN VR AND COULDN'T GODDAMMIT ahhaha
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Ceej noooooooooooooooo
        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Ok, so there were a bunch of issues with this recording, not all are CEEJ related.

1. The webcam we used is legit for apparently recording live, NOT SO MUCH for recording via xsplit. I just did some google fu and this microsoft piece of shit is known for lag/delay. So because I embedded the camera into the game play footage, there is no way for me to compensate for that. That's on me and that sucks. That means when I turn my head on the video, the same movement doesn't translate in game. It obviously did when we played, but not when I'm editing. There is no fixing that with my current footage. I don't know how I would get that to work to be honest now. I don't have the money nor the free time to spend working this out. I could still record us playing, but no live footage of my head/freak outs. Which kind of defeats the point I think. Will need to look into this more.

2. Ceej is indeed to blame for not making sure I was near the mic however. Most of the audio is borked because of that, but because of problem 1, it's a moot point.

3. Near the end of the playthrough I was experiencing extreme VR wobble and I kept asking Ceej if I was facing the TV (i.e. the PS4 camera). He said sort of, which I took to mean "sort of". Instead I am completely facing him for like 20 mins of the playthrough. That being said, I'm in the wrong for
          expecting him to know this....or something. haha.

So it's a bummer this didn't work this time, BUT, with the new knowledge I MAY be able to get this to work. I just need to figure out a system to record my fucking face live because right now the webcam I have just won't cut it. Oh well, live and learn and all that jazz. Hopefully with my first real paycheck I'll try to buy some new equipment to fix this so if you want footage of me losing my shit, you'll have to bug Lesley to video me via her phone when I'm not aware of her doing it.

Sorry guys, I'd love to use this footage, but it just won't work. SUCKS because we had some fucking funny commentary and it sucks to lose it all. :/
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Gearing up to start streaming on the regular again. Probably going to stream a bit tonight. not sure of what yet.

Comment

• Ceej wanted to play games last night. So we did. Fucking StarCraft 2. the only game he can beat me in. I hate that game so much. I'm terrible and it's boring. He smashed me 3 times in a row. So then we decided to play XCOM2 online. I promptly beat him but it was close. HAd a bunch of fun.

Comment

• How is XCOM 2?

Even the bump in scope with #1's Enemy Within expansion turned me into a garbage hermit all over again for a month.

What will this one do?
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• XCOM 2 is the shit. Much more polished than 1 and the War of the Chosen DLC is AWESOME.

Comment

• X-Com 2 is legit, but if you're not grabbing the expansion I wouldn't bother. It had serious performance issues, and they didn't patch it without you buying the expansion.

Comment

• We never had any issues with the base game on our end. But just because they rock you'd want Xcom2/Shen's LAst Stand/Alien Hunters/War of the Chosen

Comment

• It ran like pure dog shit on my PC, and crashed about 10 minutes after starting every single time on my roommate's PC.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          X-Com 2 is legit, but if you're not grabbing the expansion I wouldn't bother. It had serious performance issues, and they didn't patch it without you buying the expansion.
                          I ran into the patch issue with the first XCOM, what with a corrective release patch coming months and months after I initially purchased Enemy Within.

So if it takes me buying the x-pac (MAKE SOME NOIZE) to get it runnin', that's kinda shitty even though I'll be buying it all at once because I am a silly whoaaah who cannot resist the temptation.

Thanks for the feedback y'all.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, seeing that stream, it definitely looks like I'll be picking this up soon.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Shit man, now that you're back with us, you'll be added to the next playthrough. IT's a lot of fun playing with dudes all based off you guys. Martin made it to Earth-2 and kicked some shit.

Comment

• DANK MY MEME UP

As soon as I saw the option was there to become a legit SNEK IZE type, I got the idea to just have an entire platoon of Blade to roam the countryside and slap everybody's shit.

Whether this comes to fruition or not is still up in the air, since I still haven't setup my workstation since getting back to Georgia this past week.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X