The Expanse - Season 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Expanse - Season 1

Not fully caught up (believe episode 5 aired last night) but this show has the potential to be at BSG levels.

That being said, Tom Jane's hair cut is still terrible and I'm not a fan of the guy from Hostel.

The stuff with the interrogation of that "Belter" guy (I think that's what they are) who are super tall and shit was crazy. Such a cool idea.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I have to see this. The first book is amazing. Is it on demand?

Comment

maybe? I dunno. It's on SyFy for what it's worth
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I forgot to set the DVR for the first four episodes. Maybe I can torrent them.

Comment

oh, if you have SyFy then I do believe they are on demand. They were last week at least.

Comment

Just watched the 3rd episode last night. Shit is getting real. I would love to bang one of those belter chicks or whatever. They're like Na'Vi but without the cat stuff. Makes it a tad less weird on my end. ONLY A TAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Not fully caught up (believe episode 5 aired last night) but this show has the potential to be at BSG levels.

That being said, Tom Jane's hair cut is still terrible and I'm not a fan of the guy from Hostel.

The stuff with the interrogation of that "Belter" guy (I think that's what they are) who are super tall and shit was crazy. Such a cool idea.
              Sa sa. Keep it cool with the dude from Hostel. As for Jane's haircut, I think you're stuck with it for the long ride.

Just watched the 3rd episode last night. Shit is getting real. I would love to bang one of those belter chicks or whatever. They're like Na'Vi but without the cat stuff. Makes it a tad less weird on my end. ONLY A TAD.
              Episode 4 is where is gets REAL. It's the Donnager.

I'm keeping up, and while it won't end at book 1, but before, I totally approves and enjoy this. It will be better than BSG.

No fucking mumbo-jumbo mystical bullshit thrown at the end.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Finally. It happened. Episode 8.

I love this, but why the fuck is it ending so soon?

Comment

All caught up, watched episode 8 last night.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Thoughts? I'm curious what non-readers think of it, all and all.

Comment

Finished Episode 4 last night.

Spoiler: spoilers 
                      When the dude from Road Trip lost his head after tossing that joint? oh man. Then those crazy asteroid ships fucking up the Donnager? Then the Donnager blowing itself up? awesome.
                      I was sold even harder on this show.

That being said, the fucking accents in this show are hard as fuck to understand half of the time. I kind of have NO IDEA what the hell is going on. Correct me if I'm wrong here:

Earth is getting fucked so they have a space station called Ceres where "belters" live and work for Earth. "Belters" are the people who are basically space truckers and shit. Mars is its own entity and all three of these players kind of hate each other.

People who grew up on Ceres or whatever are pseudo alien looking right? Those are the fuckers who have crazy long limbs and shit?

Then you have the OPA who is a "terrorist" group that works from Ceres and keeps fucking shit up.

Tom Jane is a detective living on Ceres and was hired by the president of earth or whatever (that woman with the hard to understand accent) to find her daughter and her daughter may or may not be a part of OPA and who was found on that derelict spacecraft from the pilot where that alien tech was?

Am I even close? I don't want to be spoiled but I just need to know that I sorta understand what's going on.

Comment

Spoiler: spoilers 
                        When the dude from Road Trip lost his head after tossing that joint? oh man. Then those crazy asteroid ships fucking up the Donnager? Then the Donnager blowing itself up? awesome.
                        I was sold even harder on this show.

Yeah, that part was memorable in the book, and it's EXACTLY like that on the show. Poor poor Shed.

That being said, the fucking accents in this show are hard as fuck to understand half of the time. I kind of have NO IDEA what the hell is going on. Correct me if I'm wrong here:

Earth is getting fucked so they have a space station called Ceres where "belters" live and work for Earth. "Belters" are the people who are basically space truckers and shit. Mars is its own entity and all three of these players kind of hate each other.

Earth and Mars are the 2 superpowers. The Belters are the loose association of people born in space, exploiting the belt for them,, mainly the UN on Earth. Cold war between Mars and Earth, and the Belt who resents both the big guys.

People who grew up on Ceres or whatever are pseudo alien looking right? Those are the fuckers who have crazy long limbs and shit?

Belters have that look because they're born in Low gravity. Hence the limbs, and the torture o them by hanging them on hook to let gravity hurts them. No alien DNA.

Naomi is a Belter. Amos and Holden are from Earth. Alex is Martian.

Then you have the OPA who is a "terrorist" group that works from Ceres and keeps fucking shit up.

Tom Jane is a detective living on Ceres and was hired by the president of earth or whatever (that woman with the hard to understand accent) to find her daughter and her daughter may or may not be a part of OPA and who was found on that derelict spacecraft from the pilot where that alien tech was?

Jane is working for a private police force on Ceres, the main hub in the Belt. He was ordered by his boss to find the rebellious daughter of Jules-Pierre Mao, of the Mao-Kwikowski Corporation, aka the biggest thing corporation ever.

Tycho station, where Fred Johnson is, is the construction hub of the belt. they're building the Noovoo, a Mormon-sponsored generation ship. He's a former UN Marine that converted to the Belter's OPA cause. He's their defacto headfigure. The OPA is the radical movement from the Belters, who wants to wield power and create a 3rd entity from the 2 big boys.

Am I even close? I don't want to be spoiled but I just need to know that I sorta understand what's going on.

Pretty close. The only difficult accent are the Belter's, but it's like the books.

Spoiler:  
                        Also, not Asteroid ships. just super advanced, stealth ships
                        Last edited by Martin; 01-29-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Naomi is a Belter. Amos and Holden are from Earth. Alex is Martian.
                          So the chick is a Belter who may or may not be OPA, Amos is dude who protects her right? Holden is the guy who fucked in zero g in the first episode? Alex is the "intergalatic bus driver" right?

I never remember names during the first season of a show. Just facts.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Jane is working for a private police force on Ceres, the main hub in the Belt. He was ordered by his boss to find the rebellious daughter of Jules-Pierre Mao, of the Mao-Kwikowski Corporation, aka the biggest thing corporation ever.

Tycho station, where Fred Johnson is, is the construction hub of the belt. they're building the Noovoo, a Mormon-sponsored generation ship. He's a former UN Marine that converted to the Belter's OPA cause. He's their defacto headfigure. The OPA is the radical movement from the Belters, who wants to wield power and create a 3rd entity from the 2 big boys.
                          And the daughter is who woke up on that ship and found the Event Horizon looking thing right? Is Fred Johnson played by Cutty?

Comment

So the chick is a Belter who may or may not be OPA, Amos is dude who protects her right? Holden is the guy who fucked in zero g in the first episode? Alex is the "intergalatic bus driver" right?

I never remember names during the first season of a show. Just facts.

And the daughter is who woke up on that ship and found the Event Horizon looking thing right? Is Fred Johnson played by Cutty?
                            Yes to it all. Cutty is gonna have a meatier role next season I think. Julie was the one that you saw with the "thing" (won't name it yet). Miller is the detective.

And you'll start to remember cause that's your main crew. Oh, and Christjen/Chrissy on Earth (the UN undersecretary/Minister of Asskicking. That's your main cast.

Comment

Since the On Demand isn't HD and looks like shit I am going to wait for the season to end and just torrent and binge it.

Comment

Working...
                              X