POWERS - A Playstation Original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POWERS - A Playstation Original

If you have PS+ you have the full season of POWERS based on the Image comic of the same name. Watched the first episode last night. Fucking rough. ROUGH.

Sharlto seems to be acting in an SNL spoof most of the time, the actress playing Deena looks like she's 12, the SFX are roughhhhhhhhhhh, and Izzard does ok with what they gave him but I'm not sure yet about his character.

It just felt really low budget. Which is a shame because I always really enjoyed this series. Hopefully the next episodes get better.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Will wait for the whole run to come out and see what the consensus is.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      It just felt really low budget. Which is a shame because I always really enjoyed this series. Hopefully the next episodes get better.
      Started Agents of SHIELD a couple days ago. Watching Agent Carter after. I'll probably check this out after I finish those. Season 1 of SHIELD felt cheap as well, although season 2 is better, so far. I know very little of POWERS, never read the comic.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Carter > Shield first half ofseason 1 IMO I heard that SHIELD gets good like mid way through season 1 but I was so bored during the first 9 episodes that I just gave up.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Carter > Shield first half ofseason 1 IMO I heard that SHIELD gets good like mid way through season 1 but I was so bored during the first 9 episodes that I just gave up.
          Same. I need to finish the last two episodes of Carter, but I really liked it.

Comment

I watched the pilot yesterday and liked it well enough. I never read the books so I don't have any preconceived notions about it. I'm willing to give it a couple episodes to see if the stuff I didn't like was just pilot issues. one thing I'm sure won't be getting fixed is trading Deena for Wannabe because Deena is annoying like whoa.

Comment

Working...
            X