No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahaha. This is great fucking news. I'm just bummed Garfield doesn't get to be Spidey again. He was great.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fuck Garfield. I just want Simmons back as JJJ.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I thought Garfield was a great Spider-Man but a terrible Peter Parker. If the new Spidey is all Spider, no Peter then, sure, sign me up for more Garfield. But if he's going to be unmasked at all, it needs to be someone different.

Comment

• Saw this, had to share...

Comment

• I honestly do not understand the hate for Garfield. In either role. Fine if you thought the movies sucked, but past "he's not nerdy enough" I've yet to understand where the hate comes from.

And that is great Tim. That laugh hahah
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Perfect casting choice for Uncle Ben.

Comment

• Re: Garfield, I didn't hate him (he kind of grew on me during ASM2) but he just didn't click with me 100%. His Spidey was fine, doing wisecracks, etc. In that he surpassed Maguire. It's Garfield's take on Peter Parker that just seemed a bit off to me. While he did capture "nerdy" fine, Maguire seemed, to me at least, more on point as Parker in his performance than Garfield. Maguire's Parker just seemed to nail the Parker I've read all those years in the comics.

Of course the biggest issue for both ASM films was the writing. That, more than anything else helped torpedo, the new take on the franchise. Garfield only had so much to work with as a result, so I can't really blame him.

Comment

• I just hate Garfield's voice. Don't know if it's the pitch or what, but it's nails on a chalkboard to me, especially when he's doing quips.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I can see that. I never championed the writing in these movies. Just that I found them more entertaining overall thanks to the actors/actresses Webb picked over Raimi. Maguire was good as Peter in so much that I wanted a jock to punch him in the face everytime he showed up on screen. Though, I wasn't a huge Spidey comic fan.

Comment

• That might be a part of it, and raises an interesting point. I found this with another friend of mine who wasn't a Spidey comic fan - he also preferred Garfield over Maguire. I, however, felt Maguire made a great Parker as he looked like the character in the comics I grew up reading, had similar mannerisms, etc. You got to watch him grow in confidence once he got the powers.

Garfield's Parker was pretty confident from the get go - for example, he only caught flack once he tried to break up a fight before he got his powers, something the comic Parker I was used to wouldn't do until he was already bit by the spider. Maguire nailed the classic Parker, whereas Garfield's Parker was similar to the Ultimate comics version.

Again, just my opinion - both of 'em are great actors and did a great job. I think Maguire was better served by the writing, at least until Spider-Man 3.

Comment

• I'm with Tim. Spider-Man has always been my favorite so I was bummed when Garfield took him from being a nerd to a jerk. Parker was supposed to be "punchable" because he was a timid science nerd, not a smarmy asshole. That's why becoming Spider-Man was such a release for him. I do think Garfield was great as Spider-Man but he was basically the same guy with the mask on and off.

And I am one of the folks who enjoyed the Webb movies even though the stories weren't great.

Comment

• Which raises another good point. Old school vs. Ultimate version of character.

I can see the problem with Garfield not being an uber nerd as Parker.

Comment

• I never picked up on smarmy asshole from Garfield. I identified with him as Parker. Shit. I AM THE SMARMY ASSHOLE.

Comment

• Hahaha, YEP.

Comment

• hahah, it all makes sense now.

Comment

Working...
                                X