The Phantom Pain...AKA MGSV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly and helpful stuff I've picked up:

Stand underneath the "caution construction area" signs on your base. The sign with the boxes.

When you open the map pressing up and down on the d-pad will let you pick a quick command for helicopters, re-supply, or giving buddies a command.

Get the gunsmith opened as soon as possible. Making custom weapons makes a huge difference.

Get your health unit to 15 quick so you can get a tranquilizer sniper rifle.

The boxes are really dumb, but helpful. More importantly, running and sliding down a hill in a box never gets old.

Comment

• So many half naked women on my boxes haha
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• also, all about just pausing the game and selecting return to ACC and skipping the whole part of watching Snake get on the heli, fly away, etc,,
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Save-killing bug, doggs, watch yourself-

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/8/9276...t-gamesave-bug

Comment

• good looking out man

Comment

• Thanks. I take her on everything! Shit...what mission was I on last night with her?!

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                Save-killing bug, doggs, watch yourself-

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/8/9276...t-gamesave-bug
                Wow, I lucked out, I took Quiet on both of those missions and it didn't corrupt my save. Good news is you don't really need her for them, I did most of the work on those 2 missions anyway so I say be safe and don't take her on those 2 missions.

My advice for the game which you don't have to worry about until after you finish mission 31, and I'll keep this spoiler free, backup your save when you unlock mission 41 and then go through the final story missions, which will require at least one more yellow colored side op. #150 when it unlocks plus story missions 41, 43, 45, 46. Alternatively, you can also add a Butterfly to your emblem in the editor, and then remove it when you you are ready to see the endgame which consist of Side Op 150 and missions 45 and 46. Adding the Butterfly to your emblem basically locks out side op 150 and mission 45 from appearing on your list until you remove the butterfly from your emblem. After the end of mission 45 you'll know why you have the backup save. Hope this makes sense, and is vague enough.

Spoiler: Reason for the backup save, vague story spoiler, no specifics 
                You will lose the ability to use Quiet as a buddy when she leaves Diamond Dogs around missions 41-43 and mission 45 provides the reason why. You won't be able to use her anymore in any post mission 45 gameplay, including going back to finish off unfinished side ops and story missions or even replaying older story missions. So the backup save is for restoring your game to a point where Quiet is still available for use as a Buddy and can still be used to clean up most Side ops other than #150 and any story missions you still need to finish other than 43 and 45, and replaying of old story missions. Or, I suppose you can just be done with the game and not want to go back.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• So.....mission 19 or so spoilers?

Spoiler: THIS GAME 
                  So i went to the hospital to get the child soldier out for the mine kids. And then they summoned the man on fire and all of that. Well, I missed him TWICE with the big fucking water tanks outside...and got him twice with the small tanks inside the warehouse. Then I didn't have any fucking clue what to do! So, I ran and hide. Then Miller says hey using something that explodes, a C-4 or something. So I found a red barrel, and planted a C-4 next to it...and he spotted me and warped right in front of me and I went running so I could use the C-4.

And it started raining, and he vanished.

THIS FUCKING GAME

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    So.....mission 19 or so spoilers?

Spoiler: THIS GAME 
                    So i went to the hospital to get the child soldier out for the mine kids. And then they summoned the man on fire and all of that. Well, I missed him TWICE with the big fucking water tanks outside...and got him twice with the small tanks inside the warehouse. Then I didn't have any fucking clue what to do! So, I ran and hide. Then Miller says hey using something that explodes, a C-4 or something. So I found a red barrel, and planted a C-4 next to it...and he spotted me and warped right in front of me and I went running so I could use the C-4.

And it started raining, and he vanished.

THIS FUCKING GAME
                      Spoiler: Mission 19 related 
                    I need to replay that mission and use the Water Gun I developed and see if it works on the Man on Fire.
                    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Apparently it will stop him for a second, but not actually effective.

Comment

• Damn, I was hoping for a funny easter egg.

Spoiler: Mission 19 
                        There was a shallow pool of water I stood in and shot a tanker that was next to it when he got close. He ended up flying into the pool of water.

Comment

• I hung out in the pool figuring it was for SOMETHING, but couldn't figure it out.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CyOaRbfogXo?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• MGS fans are gloriously insane.

http://www.giantbomb.com/metal-gear-...cu-1782151/#76

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Apparently it will stop him for a second, but not actually effective.
                                So I replayed this mission to finish the mission task I missed the first time and find the Snake Eater tape.

Spoiler: Mission 19 spoiler 
                                Supply dropped the water gun right before I entered the building since I forgot to equip it before I started. When I got back outside with the Man on Fire I stood in the pool again and he stood on the edge trying to attack me. I kept shooting the water gun at him and it would stop his attack and eventually stun him and make him drop to his knees for a good 10 seconds. The floating kid would appear during this time, which is where my mission task came in, I had to hit the kid with an attack. He teleports a lot so it was a pain. Anyway, repeated this 3 or 4 times until I finally hit the kid with an attack. I think the fight was over because of my attack finally hitting the kid, not sure. Anyway, so that water gun can be effective if you don't want to position him near an explosive. No cool easter egg, although you can fulton the Man on Fire after.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                Haha, I guess we'll find out if they are right in a few hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X