Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can totally go with JB (his most mature) or Basterds (his most breathtaking).
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I still think Jackie Brown is QT's masterpiece for what it's worth.
      Haven't seen django but I agree.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Billy: I love a Western as much as the next man, believe me. And it's a bit early to be using the word in any case. But Corbucci's Django is as much a masterpiece as Tarantino's is.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          I still think Jackie Brown is QT's masterpiece for what it's worth.

I have a gut feeling that Basterds is always going to be his masterpiece. It's the most technically proficient and it's the first and only one of his movies where he got everything he wanted done.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Tarantino's Django was, ultimately, a perfect love letter to the spaghetti western, right down to the over-the-top gore, camera tricks, and character beats. As far as it being a masterpiece, I'd put it up there with the Kill Bill flicks and Pulp Fiction, but not quite in the same league as Jackie Brown and Basterds. Gotta agree with Rob on JB - that was as slick a 70's style caper flick as you could ever wish for, and Basterds was a damn near perfect war flick in the vein of the Dirty Dozen, especially for the points Anderson described.

Per the latest podcast, I, too await Tarantino's dabbling in science fiction next, if he goes that route. Which he should.

Comment

• You've all gone mad. Much as Clerks is the best film Kevin Smith ever did (and no, I'm not forgetting about Dogma), Reservoir Dogs is QT's masterpiece. All his important chops were on display. And well done into the bargain. The only film that can come close in the rest of his catalog is Pulp Fiction for its sheer, raw power & humor. But the grit & snappy dialogue, & utter mastery of story that even his trademark reverse chronology doesn't muck up elevates RD above the rest.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• if QT went sci-fi I'd be one happy fucking camper.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Since we're all putting in our .02.

1. Basterds
                  2. Jackie Brown
                  3. Reservoir Dogs
                  3. Django (tied obviously)
                  4. Pulp Fiction

This is my list. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• For me:
                    1. JACKIE BROWN
                    2. INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS
                    3. PULP FICTION
                    4. DJANGO UNCHAINED
                    5. RESERVOIR DOGS
                    6. KILL BILL 1
                    7. KILL BILL 2
                    8. DEATH PROOF
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      Billy: I love a Western as much as the next man, believe me. And it's a bit early to be using the word in any case. But Corbucci's Django is as much a masterpiece as Tarantino's is.
                      You'd BETTER love Westerns, considering the script that I'm writing.

Dammit.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I really, really do, Matt. Once Upon a Time in the West is one of my all-time favourite films and The Professionals one of my all-time most watched.

Comment

• Oh, and Ben? I REALLY think that you're gonna like what I did with the Ben Thomas character.

I'm about 75% done. I need to go back and re-write a couple of areas as I had a revelation on something regarding the plot. Once that re-write is done, I hope to bang out the rest. It's going to be a very, VERY rough draft when I'm done with it, so bear that in mind when you tear it apart viciously.

Comment

• Stop typing here and get it done already, you big tease.

Comment

• King Kong ('76). Haven't seen this in ages. Man, that suit (not the face) doesnt' hold up for shit. It's just a dude in a Halloween costume. A few of the different heads look pretty great, but full body shots are horrendous. Lange is fucking smokin' in this and Bridges does some decent work. Grodin is still a tool. Still prefer the original to this.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I couldn't believe Lange's legs first time I saw this.

And as shit as it is overall, I'd rather watch the '76 version than the '05 one.

Comment

Working...
                                X