Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm of the personal belief that the best John Hughes movies feature either John Candy or Alan Ruck, but there's still too much goodness in TBC to write it off. It does get a bit too mawkish for me at one point, but it's still all kinds of fun.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I like the John Hughes movie where Derbill McDibbitt holds Jennifer Connelly's cleavage hostage in a Target. It was very important to my formative years.

But, yeah, Ben's thesis is sound.

Comment

• DJANGO UNCHAINED

Liked it but didn't love it. Not sure why. I think that my expectations were a bit too high. It's good and definitely worth seeing, but I feel like it's a lesser film of his for some reason.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
          Best thing about TBC by 1000000000000000000000.

The Avengers - Still awesome. Looks amazing on blu.

Lockout - Was exactly as I hoped, shitty low budget Guy Pearce being space-awesome. Shocked when he was more Jack Sparrow than Snake Plissken though.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger
            I like the John Hughes movie where Derbill McDibbitt holds Jennifer Connelly's cleavage hostage in a Target. It was very important to my formative years.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post

Nothing but praise for Career Opportunities.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Career Opportunities is a pretty damn good flick imho.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Jack Reach'around

Was the goods. Teflon Cruise is still firing on all cylinders. Duvall was great. Loved all the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Judo in the fighting.

Comment

• Batman Year One. Where the fuck was Conroy? That Batman was shit, but I really want a new Batman series with Bryan Cranston as Gordon.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                      Jack Reach'around

Was the goods. Teflon Cruise is still firing on all cylinders. Duvall was great. Loved all the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Judo in the fighting.
                      Told ya. I almost ALMOST went to see it again last night after DJANGO UNCHAINED.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sleepwalk With Me is funny ha-ha, funny sad, and just sad. I think the sad part comes in because it's a true story.

Also scary because I think my wife has a mild (is there such a thing?) version of that REM sleep disorder.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Not a fan.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Django Unchained - Excellent. If you don't like it I'm prepping a Y'all's crazy rant for your ass. I was skeptical on Foxx as Django but he was great. EVERYONE in it was at minimum damned good. Even the music choices that should have felt out of place in a western were fucking great. I'm with Billy Django is my shit.

Comment

• Watched the Amazing Spiderman w/ my son. Not a bad little flick, but I still like the older one better. I liked McGuire's portrayal of Peter Parker better, as innocent and naive was more in line, IMO, w/ how he was portrayed in the original comics than the snot nosed punk h was made into in this one. I guess the latter portrayal was more realistic, as this is more likely the way a modern teenager "abandoned" by hs parents & picked on at school would turn out in this day and age. Sheen's Uncle Ben was pretty impressive. And I almost always love Denis Leary, as I did here. Effects were top notch. And the Stan Lee cameo was pretty cool. Overall, a nifty little flick.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Life of Pi

The most beautiful film - in all regards - I've seen in years.

No film has touched me, spiritually, to such a degree since Into the Wild. Awesome that parents were taking their kids too. Would be amazing to reflect on in years to come for an 8-year old seeing it today. Flawless and arguably Ang Lee's finest film. And that's coming from an atheist and someone that considers Lee among their favourite living filmmakers, given his penchant for over-explaining things. I had zero problems with the final act. Ended when it needed to and had me in tears at points. Wonderful, beautiful film experience and the finest use of 3D to date.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X