No announcement yet.

TPBs and Omnibuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember those books, Rob? They had one issue that had a bullethole through the whole book and smelled of gunpowder! Oh, gimmick comics, how I love thee!

Comment

• I grew up on gimmick comics.

CHROMIUM COVERS MOTHERFUCKERS!
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• My favorite one of those is the War Journal issue with the bullet holes in the cover. I think it was Romita Jr.

It's still real to me dammit.

*hides Fatal Attractions hologram covers*
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That's the one!

I used to work for one of the companies that did the hologram covers back in the day. The same Spider-Man books I had at home were on display in the company's sample gallery. I even have a couple of "mother/daughter" shims used to make the holograms for the books. Wish I could've seen the original sculptures they shot from, but I was of fail.

Comment

• I don't normally talk holograms, but when I do, I refer to the card collection I used to have.

The Flair series, Marvel Masterpieces by Joe Jusko (still my all-time favorite), and the Marvel Universe series with the power rankings on the back. Those few were my pride and joy as a young nerd.

The lone hologram: Silver Surfer.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-31-2011, 10:04 AM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Is that the set with the Win/Loss info for each character? That shit made no sense and was as arbitrary as fuck.

Comment

• I think that might have been the one to precede it, but I remember that one too.

The Hulk got his ass handed to him more than I thought. 400/200 win-loss record. What the shit? Green Goliath is better than that.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fuck I miss my Marvel Cards. Those first 3 series were AWESOME. Pretty sure my dad threw them away. However, he kept my "Desert Storm" cards. GEN. SCHWARZKOFP FOR TEH WIN.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Hahahaha

Dude.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Only Marvel Cards I remember were Overpower cards.

Because I didn't give a shit about Magic cards.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                        Only Marvel Cards I remember were Overpower cards.

Because I didn't give a shit about Magic cards.

NERRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• We're talking about these:

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                            NERRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
                            Well d'uhhhhhhhh.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Ticket to Nostalgiatown: bought.

Oh man, Dan Ketch was a "rookie" back then.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                We're talking about these:
                                Oh man I think I used to have these. Maybe still do....
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X