Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 5: Or Fuck you Treyarch, you are no Infinity Ward

http://kotaku.com/

The first details about upcoming Call of Duty 5 hit today. Unlike the modern CoD4, CoD5 will return to WWII. The game will be set in the Pacific Theater. Also unlike CoD4, the game won't be developed by Infinity Ward, but CoD3 dev Treyarch. The upcoming title will feature co-op — a first for the series. Also, multiplayer will feature vehicles and squad-elements as well. The game is truly multi-plat, and the Wii version is being developed by a separate Treyarch team and will support the Wii Zapper. The game is gritty, apparently. How gritty?
    The opening scene of the first level we are shown is a Japanese commander stubbing a cigarette out in the eye of a prisoner before slitting his throat - the blood splatters and dribbles down the side of the tent you are being held in. He turns towards you to deal out the same treatment but help arrives just in time. Cue a daring level-long escape.

Stay away from this one. Treyarch makes the BAD COD's. Wait for Infinity Ward to do COD6.

And really, back to WWII? Who the fuck wants to play that again, especially after the awesomeness of COD4? Redonkulous.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Yeah, so who in their right mind thought this was a good idea? Another WW2 shooter. Yay. I say CoD6 should be a little more futuristic. Give me lazers and other high tech nonsense! Either that, or at least keep it in the mordern day, but no more WW2, damnit!
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
      Yeah, so who in their right mind thought this was a good idea? Another WW2 shooter. Yay. I say CoD6 should be a little more futuristic. Give me lazers and other high tech nonsense! Either that, or at least keep it in the mordern day, but no more WW2, damnit!
      lazergunpewpewpew! hahaha. yah... totally tired of ww2 shooters. apparently treyarch didn't get the memo. i personally want a vietnam game that's as good as cod4. that would be fucking epic! although... there would just be mainly snipers. until you called in an airstrike that is. ka-blooey!
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Why don't they ask fans of the game what they want? They just go and blow it out their ass.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

You cannot go back after COD4. WWI, WWII, Vietnam, these would all suck as we've played in those sandboxes for years now. I'm with Ari, take this shit in the future. It'll be like BF2142 except you know, good.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
            Why don't they ask fans of the game what they want? They just go and blow it out their ass.
            Or they can just look at the numbers for CoD4 compared to CoD3 and realize maybe WW2 is played out. Bunch of ass-hat loving morons.
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Yeah. The people who have the $$/control over things seem to have no clue what the situation is. And/or the haven't even played the games themselves.

Comment

Bah, they should have went back to The French and Indian War. Muskets FTW!!!
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Hahaha....That would be hilarious.

After every shot, you'd have to reload your gunpowder and buckshot.

haha.

The perks would be awesome: Immune to Smallpox

Comment

fuck that. i want the mongol period! fucking genghis khan it up yo!

Comment

Sounds like EXTREME! Oregon Trail.

Comment

I can see it now, 7 Kill Streak would have Indian archers rain down arrows on the whole map.
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Watching the death cam onthat would be fantastic.

Comment

oh fuck! an oregon trail cod. FUCK that would be EPIC!

Comment

Dysentery Cam.

Comment

Working...
                              X