No announcement yet.

Captain America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that an Ultimates type re-envisioning?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Is that an Ultimates type re-envisioning?

No. It was part of Ed Brubaker's Eisner-Award winning revamp of the series. I'm a long-time Cap fan and I didn't like it at first. But, when you read the series in long-form...it really fucking works.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Cool. Thanks for the update. So, Steve Rogers is dead and the original Bucky is currently in the costume of Captain America...is that right?

Man, the last time I picked up a Captain America comic was years and years ago...I remember the plotline involved the government firing Steve Rogers and giving the Captain America gig to the Super Patriot. IIRC, Steve fought as 'The Captain(?)' in a black version of his costume.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the update. So, Steve Rogers is dead and the original Bucky is currently in the costume of Captain America...is that right?

Man, the last time I picked up a Captain America comic was years and years ago...I remember the plotline involved the government firing Steve Rogers and giving the Captain America gig to the Super Patriot. IIRC, Steve fought as 'The Captain(?)' in a black version of his costume.

The last time you read Cap was in 1987. A lot changed.

Steve is back now. But, he's not taking the role away from Bucky. They're both going to be Cap now.

Just different kinds of Cap.

When Captain America got shot and killed in 2007, it was a Slaughterhouse Five deal. He became unstuck in time and had to find his way back to his own time.

The Red Skull ended up getting killed and his daughter Sin got her face burned off.

Now, she has a burn victim face which makes her the new "Red Skull".
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by DON RICKLES UP IN THIS BITCH View Post
            The last time you read Cap was in 1987. A lot changed.
            Good God...I AM REALLY REALLY OLD.

Again, thank you for the information. I'll go and get my walker now.

Comment

• No comment (re age).

I last read most of Marvel religiously back during Heroes Reborn. Straw that broke the camels back, I suppose.
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Good God...I AM REALLY REALLY OLD.

Again, thank you for the information. I'll go and get my walker now.

It was a good time for Cap. The Serpent Society put LSD into the DC Water Supply and Ronald Reagan had a drug freakout on Cap's ass.

That's all kinds of awesome. I still have those comics.

Comment

• Indeed. I was a big Diamondback fan.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• I think the last Captain America comic that I bought was the annual (#8?) with him and Wolverine. THAT was a really good comic. I mainly bought it for Wolverine, but the story and interaction between the two of them made me appreciate Cap more. GREAT cover.

Comment

I think the last Captain America comic that I bought was the annual (#8?) with him and Wolverine. THAT was a really good comic. I mainly bought it for Wolverine, but the story and interaction between the two of them made me appreciate Cap more. GREAT cover.

That was a Mike Zeck cover. I met him at a con, he still gets work. But, now like he did in the 1980s. That motherfucker was Marvel's top dog in the mid 1980s. Before the dark times, before the McFarlane.

Comment

• Uncanny X-Men #268 is my favorite Cap/Wolverine comic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                          Indeed. I was a big Diamondback fan.

She has been coming back huge in Avengers: The Initiative. I hope they keep up her coverage Post-Siege.

Comment

• Zeck's covers on the first Punisher limited series were fantastic. Loved that guy's style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                              No comment (re age).

I last read most of Marvel religiously back during Heroes Reborn. Straw that broke the camels back, I suppose.

The great experiment that fucking fell so hard. I was a religious reader back then and it just pushed me off onto Vertigo books and indie shit.

Comment

• Every few years, I go through my collection to make sure I still have the Punisher limited series. Still do (as of my last look). Probably should eventually re-inventory everything I have in the garage.

Comment

Working...
                                X