Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain Dead Radio Episode 59: Rise of the Planet of the Riled Up Contagious Fright Ape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    If only you had gotten to the shouts. The shouts change everything.

I'm just kind of sad that you missed out on the shouts and associated hilarity.
    I got one shout. It was fun. But the game never really hooked me in. I'll give it another go in a year or so and see if I change my mind.

The only Castlevania that matters: Symphony of the Night.

Runner up: Dracula X.

Runner's runner up: Biblevania.
    SotN is fucking AMAZING. First game I bought on the Xbox arcade.

Fave platformer: Mega Man 2.

Runner up: DKC.

Runner's runner up: Mirror's Edge/Amazing Spider-Man: Mirror's Edge Cutscene CGI Asshattery.
    MM2 is pretty great but I think I actually like Mega Man X more. Mirror's Edge was fantastic but a bit too hard in some bits. I never finished
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

ALFatar should be a reality. I might even watch it.
      I think it would be amazing. Dead serious.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I was joking about Mirror's Edge. I hate that game unlike any other thing ever made in the FPS mold.

It's Vertigo: The Game.

I never got into the X series of Megaman. Zero looks like a massive fucking tool.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I like Fright Night '11. The whole "this should never have been called Fright Night" thing doesn't really hold water. Call it whatever the fuck you want. It was a pretty good horror movie.

The charm of the original can't be replicated in this day and age. LIVE IN THE NOW

You knew a re-whatever the hell was coming. I think for what it was and what it tried to do, it was mostly successful. Get past the lack of queer cinema tropes/practical FX and enjoy it for what it is and you don't have a leg to stand on.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-01-2012, 02:16 PM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

except for the retardedness of Jerry just announcing he's a vampire because, why not?!

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington
              I got one shout. It was fun. But the game never really hooked me in. I'll give it another go in a year or so and see if I change my mind.
              You got one PART of a shout. Each one has three.

I like Fright Night '11. The whole "this should never have been called Fright Night" thing doesn't really hold water. Call it whatever the fuck you want. It was a pretty good horror movie.

The charm of the original can't be replicated in this day and age. LIVE IN THE NOW

You knew a re-whatever the hell was coming. I think for what it was and what it tried to do, it was mostly successful. Get past the lack of queer cinema tropes/practical FX and enjoy it for what it is and you don't have a leg to stand on.
              Rers speaks truth but I won't say more as I don't want Rerb to go apeshit on me like some dickheadgamestopdude.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

The sequel to Rise should be called WE GOTTA DO SOME SHIT, ORANGE ORANGUTAN.

And Ceej's hangups regarding Rise are fucking dumb. Imma burn him with hot coat hangers. #CRENSHAWPETE
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

hahaha.

Comment

Ceej likes Russel Brand but hates Fright Night? Says a LOT.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

And Ceej is way wrong about myself being a fan of the OG flick. I just think it's retarded to HAVE to have that line. Stupid fanboy shit.

Comment

And Ceej's hangups regarding Rise are fucking dumb. Imma burn him with hot coat hangers. #CRENSHAWPETE

I thought they were too. I mean, I have dumb fucking hangups with alot of shit, but the jumps in his logic were ridiculous.

Comment

Best scene in Contagion: the first scene. Especially on second viewing.

I didn't think the epilogue showing the virus origin was necessary. No new information was revealed that wasn't already given in the dialogue throughout. It just smacked of "HERE'S HOW THE SCOOBY DOO VILLAIN CAME INTO BEING, DUMBFUCKS!"
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

HATED IT *Three seconds later* IF IT WASN'T CALLED FRIGHT NIGHT I WOULD HAVE LIKED IT SOME.

COME ON HUGHES WTF?!? Lulz @ that.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              And Ceej is way wrong about myself being a fan of the OG flick. I just think it's retarded to HAVE to have that line. Stupid fanboy shit.

It was a soulless cash-in. If you're gonna do that pander to the fucks that liked the original somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                HATED IT *Three seconds later* IF IT WASN'T CALLED FRIGHT NIGHT I WOULD HAVE LIKED IT SOME.

COME ON HUGHES WTF?!? Lulz @ that.

I liked it up until the retarded Jerry "IMMA VAMPIRE GUISE" shit. I like parts but it never fully gels. And there was no where near enough of Tennett.

Comment

Working...
                                X