Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft

Alamo sent me early tickets for June 8th. They obviously know.

This will be the thread for me to fanboy out.

I mean... if you love the games/universe, I honestly see no reason why you would hate it (even if the audience full of hardcore fans clearly weren't pleased at our screening).
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

I could've cared less about this movie, but it was dogshit.

I made sure to get into yesterday's screening based on advance word, but they're going to going to embargo this one and try to kill any major early word.

I can't remember the last major misstep for a movie like this. It's not quite Battlefield Earth level, but approaching it in terms of pissing money away.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I think it's really interesting that Europe/China reviews are solid, and North American are ehhhhhhhhhh. And from the few game fans that have seen and written reviews it sounds like it could go either way. HYPE REGARDLESS but fuck orc Jesus.

Comment

Cut to June:

Billy: BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME FUCK YEAH ORCS AND SHIT
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            It's not quite Battlefield Earth level, but approaching it in terms of pissing money away.
            You know how to turn me on.

Comment

I just can't get by the terrible look of Paula Patton. When she speaks it looks so stupid.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It's terribad. Disjointed like the U.S. cut of Legend.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Cut to June:

Billy: BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME FUCK YEAH ORCS AND SHIT
                  It won't be better than Lord of the Rings. Or Willow. Or Excalibur. Honestly, my expectations are at a Willow level. I expect nonsense and cheese, and hopefully at least one "fun" character. And it sounds like fun is missing, which bums me out.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    I think it's really interesting that Europe/China reviews are solid, and North American are ehhhhhhhhhh. And from the few game fans that have seen and written reviews it sounds like it could go either way. HYPE REGARDLESS but fuck orc Jesus.
                    Get your shit straight, son! It's baby orc Moses!
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                      I've actually never seen Legend, somehow.

Do you think there's stuff on the cutting room floor or just bad script?

Comment

Get your shit straight, son! It's baby orc Moses!
                        As discussed in the other thread, he grows up to be orc Jesus. It was a huge issue when it happened in the games. Players flipped out.

Comment

It won't be better than Lord of the Rings. Or Willow. Or Excalibur. Honestly, my expectations are at a Willow level. I expect nonsense and cheese, and hopefully at least one "fun" character. And it sounds like fun is missing, which bums me out.
                          Willow, at least, had the pig transformation. And yeah Patton's design is laughably bad (Hiding a strikingly beautiful woman like that behind that shit is...*head shakes*), and it's hard to tell the orcs apart.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

That's actually a great comparison. You can look at the film and see that Universal panic edited the entire thing.

That being said, I could see this becoming a cult movie. Not a good one, but a cult movie.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I've actually never seen Legend, somehow.

Do you think there's stuff on the cutting room floor or just bad script?
                              Both.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                              X