No announcement yet.

HP and the Deathly Hallows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQUEEEE!!! Can't wait to view the trailer at home!

The third one is my favorite one as well, but that's due to my huge Gary Oldman fan worship. So for that matter, I guess you could say I love the fifth one too, since Sirius and Harry get a chance to bond a little more before "that bad thing" happens. I love when he sneaks out to meet Harry just so he can show him pictures of his parents and their whole group.

I will say this much - the movies, in my opinion, are so well done that I had a total novice with me the last time (George), and he enjoyed it. I tried to explain them to him as best as I could, since he's never been into the books or the movies, and he caught enough of the storyline that he said he'd like to attempt DVDing all the movies to catch up before DH comes out.
    Last edited by Lisa; 06-29-2010, 09:10 AM.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Yeah, I don't get people who say they found the third movie to be a chore.

It IS one of the best kid films of the last decade.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I wish Cuaron stayed for Goblet. But he had a badass sci-fi movie to make, so I understand.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

So ABC Family is doing a HP marathon all weekend and they've been showing EPK stuff from DEATHLY HALLOWS during the commercials. I had no idea John Hurt was going to be in the movie. IMDB tells me he's going to be Mr. Ollivander so that should be cool. Even better, they got Rhys Ifans to be Luna Lovegood's dad! Can't wait to see that.

The latest spot showed a lot of the finale at Hogwarts. Holy cats, it's going to be awesome. Lots of destruction and wizard armies.

Comment

For some reason, I thought ol' Johnny H had been in one of the films before.

Awesome to hear about Ifans. He's great at playing unhinged.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
              I had no idea John Hurt was going to be in the movie. IMDB tells me he's going to be Mr. Ollivander so that should be cool.
              Where have you been? He was in the first one! And you call yourself a fan...
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Shit, was he really? It's been years since I've watched the first movie.

Comment

Originally posted by ingrid View Post
                  Where have you been? He was in the first one! And you call yourself a fan...
                  Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  Shit, was he really? It's been years since I've watched the first movie.
                  Exactly - who do you think sold Harry the wand in the first movie, hmmm...?
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2799962393/

Can't stop watching this. I have a feeling there will be a lot of tears when I go see this.
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

This looks amazing.

The only Potter films I genuinely enjoy are Azkaban, Half Blood and especially Phoenix. That's as someone who hasn't read the books. But Yates' style and approach to the kids just works for me and those last two have something the other films seem to lack or not quite pull off - real heart and emotion.

I'm glad he stayed on for these final films. They look incredible and I can't wait for some full-on wizard on wizard hardcore. Phoenix had, for me, the best showcase of that so far in the Ministry showdown.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by ingrid View Post
                        http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2799962393/

Can't stop watching this. I have a feeling there will be a lot of tears when I go see this.
                        I can't wait to get home and see this clip!

Comment

SO AWESOME. I've missed the past few Potter movies in the theater but I don't think that will be happening for these two.

Comment

For those interested, yahoo has live feed of the red carpet in London.
                            http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/harry-potter-deathly-hallows.html?showVideo=1

lots of screaming. And Emma Watson.

Comment

In one week I'll be just hours away from seeing it. Hopefully our theater won't fail like they did last time I went to a midnight showing and actually start the movie on time instead of an hour late.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

nerd
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X