No announcement yet.

Episode 4: Lesley had a heroin problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno man, I dug IOWA. And the new album is slowly growing on me.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Great song selection in this one.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        I dunno man, I dug IOWA. And the new album is slowly growing on me.
        Very first track on this album is awesome!
        "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Gotta put up the Blondie. God help us all, but do it.

Comment

I saw a movie back in the day that may have had River Phoenix in it playing a variation of the "rape game" with his girlfriend. It wasn't a pervy movie either as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              You made up that George, Washington crap. I refuse to believe it or look it up.
              Haha - it's true, I swear!
              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Another decent show...give us the 40hands already...no thank you on the Lloyd Smoking Poles show, but he does have a fucking hooked up Honda which is fucking hilarious...Rob I got your back, who the fuck has ever heard of George, Washington...ridiculous....

GIVE US THE BLONDIE SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Wait, I haven't listened yet. Are you dogging on The fuckin' GORGE? Utter madness!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                    Great song selection in this one.
                    Thanks man. I tried.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      Wait, I haven't listened yet. Are you dogging on The fuckin' GORGE? Utter madness!
                      Apparently everyone has a difficult time believing it is George, Washington.
                      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Well, with an avatar like that, you are clearly on The Dope, and are not to be trusted. Hippie.

Comment

Haha!!

Comment

Add another vote for the Blondie shirt picture. I am going to register 96 fake accounts to also endorse the release of this embarrassment. Also, if Rob decides to do the video 'cast shirtless I think it's only fair that Lesley do the same. Equal rights and all.

I don't know that it's worth getting into the "why do you need 25 gigs of DMB shows?" argument. If you're not a fan of the band you'll never get it. It's more than just a different violin solo (although it's always great to hear an extended jam on Tripping Billies). Once you build up a collection spanning the history of the band you start to pick up on how the band will tweak a performance and try new and different things. It's really great. Rob, has Lesley played for you the glorious 32 minute version of #41 from the 4.20.02 show yet? It's amazing.

Also, you really owe it to Lesley to take her to a DMB show at the Gorge. It's incredible. The last time I was there (which was too many years ago), the sun was setting and the sky was golden. We could see a glint on the horizon, which turned out to be some kind of military cargo plane on training or something. We watched as it flew toward us, staying low in the canyon behind the stage. I don't remember what song the band was playing but they hit a big crescendo just as the plane came shooting out of the canyon right behind the stage. It was so awesome.

Good show, guys. Lesley has the perfect frustrated sigh. I cracked up when Rob went into the bit about Lesley shooting horse into her cooter. You could almost hear her eyes rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              Add another vote for the Blondie shirt picture. I am going to register 96 fake accounts to also endorse the release of this embarrassment. Also, if Rob decides to do the video 'cast shirtless I think it's only fair that Lesley do the same. Equal rights and all.

I don't know that it's worth getting into the "why do you need 25 gigs of DMB shows?" argument. If you're not a fan of the band you'll never get it. It's more than just a different violin solo (although it's always great to hear an extended jam on Tripping Billies). Once you build up a collection spanning the history of the band you start to pick up on how the band will tweak a performance and try new and different things. It's really great. Rob, has Lesley played for you the glorious 32 minute version of #41 from the 4.20.02 show yet? It's amazing.

Also, you really owe it to Lesley to take her to a DMB show at the Gorge. It's incredible. The last time I was there (which was too many years ago), the sun was setting and the sky was golden. We could see a glint on the horizon, which turned out to be some kind of military cargo plane on training or something. We watched as it flew toward us, staying low in the canyon behind the stage. I don't remember what song the band was playing but they hit a big crescendo just as the plane came shooting out of the canyon right behind the stage. It was so awesome.

Good show, guys. Lesley has the perfect frustrated sigh. I cracked up when Rob went into the bit about Lesley shooting horse into her cooter. You could almost hear her eyes rolling.
                              1. Awesome that you would even suggest adding new accounts to vote YES for the Blondie pictures.

2. I am not going to be shirtless for the video podcast. But I will try my best to wear something appealing, but not slutty, to appease all of our audience. (Apparently I think I am famous now or something, ha - that is a very sarcastic ha).

3. I know that he will never get Dave. As will many. Those damn Abercrombie/Hollister people have really spoiled things too by the way. I try taking Rob to Alpine and they are all over the place. Plus, there is no way I will ever get him to sit through the 32 minute version of #41 from the 4.20.02 show. It's more difficult than getting him to watch a Bourne movie.

4. Thank you - I do deserve to see Dave at The Gorge (which IS in George, Washington). Also, my second show ever at Alpine there was a thunderstorm that amazingly worked perfectly with a particular song - I don't recall which, but it was just so damn amazing (not that anyone but Grave would understand).

5. Glad that you (and probably most of you) can tell when I'm rolling my eyes. And I'm not even trying to make my sighs obvious, they come naturally.

6. Grave - you complete me. Not really, but seriously, you are my go to guy when it comes to Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                                2. I am not going to be shirtless for the video podcast. But I will try my best to wear something appealing, but not slutty, to appease all of our audience. (Apparently I think I am famous now or something, ha - that is a very sarcastic ha).
                                How about a little thigh high stocking ensemble?
                                "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Working...
                                X