No announcement yet.

PodCaust Episode 76: Gym Class Zeroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know for a fact that Hackers was '95. In fact I think both Mortal Kombat and Hackers came out around the same time. The late summer of '95.

According to Wikipedia:

Hackers: 9/15/95
    Mortal Kombat: 8/18/95
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Hackers used it better. And I had both soundtracks. Either way good shit.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Agreed.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I still remember being the in the theater for Mortal Kombat. My mom went to see Dangerous Minds. We went nuts in the theater when the opening theme music came on.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
            He said, it's not a good movie. You're telling me you don't have some movie you enjoy that isn't by its nature a piece of shit? That in of itself defines a guilty pleasure.

I'm telling you that the guilty pleasure doesn't exist. Just because you like it doesn't make it a better movie. No matter how much you try to rationalize it out.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
              I'm telling you that the guilty pleasure doesn't exist. Just because you like it doesn't make it a better movie. No matter how much you try to rationalize it out.
              How dare you bring sanity and reason to this discussion good sir? Be gone with you!!
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

But I'm not trying to make you LIKE the movie. I'm just saying I do.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  But I'm not trying to make you LIKE the movie. I'm just saying I do.
                  In all honesty I dig the movie too, but I see his point about it being shitty. I'm like you in that I can sit through most shitty movies so I can at least have an informed opinion.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

You don't like Caddyshack? You can go fuck a sea urchin.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Yep. Not a fan. I do like Bill Murray and Chevy Chase in it. But I didn't grow up with it.

Comment

Well, the movie as a whole is really thin, but it has such iconic moments.

Comment

Which is how I felt about The Blues Brothers.

Comment

Somewhat true. Needed some edits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              Yep. Not a fan. I do like Bill Murray and Chevy Chase in it. But I didn't grow up with it.

There we go. The last part.

Why is that a qualifier?
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Because the moment I say I don't like a movie as "prolific" as TBB or Caddyshack, 80% of people ask if I grew up with it or just saw it recently.

Caddyshack bores me to fucking tears. Murray is good as is Chase, but they are in like 20 mins of the fucking movie for the most part. I could give two shits about Dangerfield in this. I prefer him Back to School.

Comment

Working...
                                X