Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. It's got to be a rumor. It doesn't make any sense to release another console with just a bit more processor power. Developers would be pissed as would consumers. That Wii analogy I read regarding this made no sense either.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Actually, the Wii is just an updated version of the Gamecube. So, it makes perfect sense. If it's just an upgrade in regards to hardware, I can understand why everyone would benefit because of Natal. I just don't know if anyone would be willing to drop another $200+ for and upgraded system. Although, people did get the Wii because of the new control scheme...
      Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 06-15-2009, 02:38 PM.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

That's what I was saying regarding the Wii. Natal isn't going to make the controller obsolete, so this just reeks of rumor.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Oh, say it ain't so Microsoft.

Comment

I bet that's for silver members, so they can play.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              Yeah. It's got to be a rumor. It doesn't make any sense to release another console with just a bit more processor power. Developers would be pissed as would consumers. That Wii analogy I read regarding this made no sense either.

Cough....SEGA....cough.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
                Cough....SEGA....cough.
                I resent that statement! The Dreamcast was no minor update in processing power.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                  I resent that statement! The Dreamcast was no minor update in processing power.

The Dreamcast would like to thank you...from oblivion!

Look back at the Genesis. Look at what they did. No other company since has had the balls to try and forcibly extend a console past its expiration like that.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Except the 360 isn't past its expiration yet.

Comment

Except the 360 isn't past its expiration yet.

Don't even get me started.

Let's have this same conversation in the Fall of 2010.

Comment

Shit, even the PS2 is still putting out new games.

Comment

http://www.pcworld.com/article/15097...the_cheap.html

Pretty cool, but I'm scared to mess with it.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Shit, even the PS2 is still putting out new games.

Yeah. But, you're not getting the PS2-128X or PS2-BLU RAY MEGA DRIVE.

Comment

I'm curious, so you think Microsoft is going to upgrade their box, but with Natal built in or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X