X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all makes sense now...
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Will we eventually hear the Giant Man story? It sounds thrilling!

I haven't collected action figures in ages. I think I still have some (opened) Toy Biz Marvel figures floating around somewhere. ...and a shitload of unopened Episode 1 figures. I even have that stupid tricorder/voice chip thingy.

Comment

Ugh, the Episode 1 voice thing was huge suckage.

And yes, the Giant Man story is coming. And it is really not all that epic, so I'll spice it up a bit.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

WIZARD!
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Oh Annie!

Comment

I know we're in trouble! Just hang on!
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Now this is Podracing!

Comment

HAha. Those fucking lines were burned into my fucking head thanks to those shitty toys.

Comment

Back to the main topic, I say!

Series 5 was another great series, with all the usual Marvel Legend accessories (bases and comics) that we've become accustomed to. But it's also the first set two through the "four at a time" concept to the wind, as series 5 gave us six new figures, and a cool chase figure that was impossible to find.

Blade was straight from the movies and was a great likeness of Passenger 57. He shipped late in the series, so finding him at first was kinda hard. His bike was way too small for him, but I'd rather have a tiny bike than nothing at all.

Colossus was a fucking mammoth of a figure, one of the best in the Legends line. He had a busted sentinel piece for a base.

Nick Fury was pretty cool. Good likeness, although he really did need a little cigar. He came with a jet pack that had a blast of flames to make it look like he was flying, Hasselhoff style.

Mr Fantastic gave us our 3rd Fantastic Four figure. He was kinda bland, but he did have some cool interchangeable stretchy arms.

Silver Surfer suffered from tiny head syndrome, but he was shiny so who cares? And he came with HOWARD THE MUTHA FUCKIN' DUCK! Why? Who the fuck knows. He also had his surfboard, which was magnetic, as was his feet, so he could cling to it. It kinda worked.

Sabertooth was another fantastic figure. His base was also a piece of a busted sentinel.

Finally, the chase figure in the set was the Red Skull, who shared the same legs as the craptastic Affleck Daredevil. Why Toy Biz decided to make a brand new figure a chase toy, I have no clue. Luckly Toy Biz eventually made another Red Skull way down the line.

Comment

I want that Howard the Duck figure. now.

Comment

He is awesomeness.

Comment

Boxed set time!

These two boxed sets came out pretty early in the Marvel Legends life cycle. The X-Men set came with Gambit, now with a pleather jacket, Magneto with a new face sculpt, an unmasked Wolverine who was not the same as the unmasked Wolverine variant, Beast, with a pretty lab coat, and the only new figure, Rogue, who looked like a prom night tranny.

The Spidey boxed set came with Punisher, now with trench coat, a repainted Daredevil figure, a white clothed Elektra, and a Spider-Man figure.

Since I already had almost all the figures in these two sets, I passed 'em up.

Comment

Series 6 was infamous for being the start of some of the worst distribution ever for the Marvel Legend line. Trying to find Deadpool, Juggernaut, and Phoenix was damn near impossible, since most cases were full of Wolverines and movie Punishers. I got lucky when a Toys R Us clerk brought out a case from the back that had everyone but Deadpool, who I was only able to acquire later when Toy Biz re-released him.

So we actually had a pretty solid line-up of figures, with bases, comics, and some cool accessories. Toy Biz stuck to six figures again, but this time gave us two variants.

Wolverine came to us in his yellow and brown costume, and he was actually in scale this time. He's widely regarded as the best Wolverine figure ever made, and that's pretty much true. His base was a repainted Elektra base, with a little sensi dude now stuck to it.

Cable was a great figure, extremely detailed with a great sculpt. He came with a huge shoulder cannon that could be converted into a hover bike thingy. He had a variant in brown colors.

Movie Punisher clogged the living fuck outta the pegs, and he lookd more like David Duchovny than Thomas Jane. At least he came with a decent set of weapons.

Deadpool is a huge fan favorite, and the fact that he took me so long to find proves it. He had guns and swords, plus a scared removable head. He also came with the X-Factor version of Slimer, Doop. Deadpool suffered form huge ball shoulders, but other than that, he was a great figure.

Juggernaunt is the ultimate in gigantic beef-pastic. The fucker is huge! His helmet could pop off, and his base was the same as series 1 Hulk's, but repainted to look like the gates of the X-Mansion.

Jean Grey was a pretty decent female figure, with her Phoenix look. She still kinda looked like she needed to lay off the makeup, but the body sculpt and articulation was better than Elektra. Her base was the firey form of the Phoenix bird, and she had an Dark Phoenix variant. Since she was almost impossible to find, her variant was damn near non-existent.

Unfortunately, this wouldn't be the first shitty case ratio Toy Biz splatted upon us.
                            Last edited by Ari; 12-23-2008, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I" also want that Juggernaut figure.

Comment

He's just a loaf of plastic goodness.

Comment

Working...
                                X