No announcement yet.

Marvel Legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GODDAMMIT. YOU SHOW AFFLECK SOME GODDAMN RESPECT!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That figure blew ass biscuit.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

So would you say you like these more than the DC ones?

Comment

Yeah, I didn't need Affleck to stare at me at night like he is in the pictures.

I really like the Marvel characters more than the DC universe. And until Hasbro took over, I'd say I preferred Marvel Legends more. Now, DC Universe Classics are my main line of toys, but they can be harder than hell to find sometimes.

Comment

Series 4 brought the first female Marvel Legends figure, along with great renditions of Beast, Gambit, and Punisher. Once again, all four figures came with a large base and comic. Gambit's base was a piece of a downed Sentinel, a trend that started with the Magneto figure and would continue for a little while.

Beast was a great figure. He was fairly large, and had a jointed jaw. The likeness was dead on.

Gambit is damn good too. He has a cloth jacket that fits really well, a staff, and a glowing pink card tossing accessory which still falls out of his hands to this day.

Punisher is the best Punisher ever. His face sculpt is fucking perfect. He came with a few weapons, as he should. This still remains one of my favorite Legend's figures.

Elektra was the first female of the line, and she wasn't too bad. Her leg joints were odd and looked ugly as hell, but she had a great face sculpt and came stacked with sais and swords, all of which could be placed into a sheath on her back. The female Marvel Legend body would continue to evolve through the line, but female face sculpts rarely out did this.

The variant wasn't a variant at all, but a chase figure of an old Toy Biz Giant Man. Because it was an older figure, the articulation was extremely shitty. I never found him anyways. We'd get a real Giant Man later down the line, but completing him took me over 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post

. We'd get a real Giant Man later down the line, but completing him took me over 3 years.
                This sounds like an epic story waiting to be told. Like Fanboys. AHha.

Comment

It's to bad that Ari doesn't really have any of these toys, and just trying to sound cool.......
                  I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                  Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                  Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                  She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

OK i joke... he really does have all of these and much much much more
                    I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                    Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                    Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                    She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

The Giant Man story is filled with anger, tears, blood, semen, hookers, blow, death, violence, and ultimately, happiness.

Comment

So it's an Oscar Contender then?

Comment

It will make you realize how toy collecting is not a hobby for pussies.

And you'll hate Wal-Mart even more.

Comment

I used to do the whole shebang....waiting outside of stores, knowing the shipments, knowing the stockboys, etc.....

NEVAR FORGET!1!!11

Comment

So you're saying you are Robert Evans?
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

He's Robert Loggia.
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X