New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Straight Outta Compton is really fucking good. Dude portraying Eazy was great. So good.
    I heard Cube and Dre are portrayed pretty vanilla though to protect current careers. Is that a valid statement? I ask because I really want to see it but don't want a whitewashed version of events.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• wasn't the dude playing Eazy his son?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Nope, the one playing Cube is Cube's son.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, Cube's son has a few good moments...but man. He does not have the charisma of his old man. He's not awful, but there's a few moments that could hit hard but his delivery is flat as hell.

Dre is definitely protected. Cube's angst and anger come through pretty well. I mean, they didn't whitewash him coming in with Lench Mob and destroying a record exec's office and intimidating the hell out of them. If anyone else got protected it was probably E.

Comment

• Protected, but how much? Not so much that it ruins the viewing it seems.

Comment

• Yeah, not much at all. The Dre protection was the obvious stuff. One line about "assault charges" but nothing about how he beat a lady reporter. He gets arrested by like 15 cops flying around in his Lambo but then another word is never said about it. They framed Dre much more as "shit around him is bad" and not "he made decisions to get him here"

Comment

• had a blast at THE MAN FROM UNCLE. I think I liked it more than the new MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, in all honesty. It's a lot of damned fun with some humor that was obviously targeted at my sensibilities.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Yeah, not much at all. The Dre protection was the obvious stuff. One line about "assault charges" but nothing about how he beat a lady reporter. He gets arrested by like 15 cops flying around in his Lambo but then another word is never said about it. They framed Dre much more as "shit around him is bad" and not "he made decisions to get him here"
                  Makes sense though, dudes trying to keep make Millions of Dollars *Insert PrimeTime Players gif here*

Comment

• Straight Outta Compton was fucking good. Great performances although the second half is weaker than the first, but still enjoyed it. What Billy said is true, but I though O'Shea Jackson Jr. was great as his dad.
                    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Some moments were legit amazing. Like the interview "Nice to meet you Brian eat a dick get the fuck outta my house" and such. But the moments of THIS IS SERIOUS he couldn't get across for me.

Comment

• Yeah, those parts were fine for me, I definitely felt his absence in the second half of the film. I wanted more Ice Cube.
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• In the second half they left off the part where Cube went soft as shit middle America B-Movie millionaire? #ForShame

Comment

• Yeah, they montaged that part in the credits.

Comment

• #MillionsOfDollars

Comment

• Cube's line on the Compton album about acting is pretty great. He don't give a fuck what you think, he's worth $100m. Good for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X