Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to hear about Dredd.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• End of Watch

Gyllenhaal and the perpetually under-rated Pena have a wonderful way of bouncing off one another and Ayers is wise to make this the energy that drives the movie instead of mere violence.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        Miguel Ferrer should get more work imho
        fuck yeah.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Dredd. Awesomeness. GO SEE IT.

That is all.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
            End of Watch

Gyllenhaal and the perpetually under-rated Pena have a wonderful way of bouncing off one another and Ayers is wise to make this the energy that drives the movie instead of mere violence.
            So that's a thumbs up then?

Originally posted by Stroker Serpentine View Post
            fuck yeah.
            Dude totes plays smarmy like no other.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That's what Burnsy at Filmdrunk says. He's an alright dude who doesn't afraid of anything.

And Ayers is alright as far as the L.A. pig movies go.
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-22-2012, 01:41 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                So that's a thumbs up then?

Dude totes plays smarmy like no other.
                DICK JONES!
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Yesssssssss

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                    Dredd. Awesomeness. GO SEE IT.

That is all.
                    Yeah, I really enjoyed it. They nailed the character of Dredd as well as the OTT violence inherent to the comics and the whole setup is nice and simple (never thought of The Raid once, despite the superficial similarities), but Anderson is the MVP. Her character is every bit as important as Dredd's and the key to letting the audience into the world of Mega City One. I have no idea who Olivia Thirlby is, but she was great here and cute as a button. She also unloads a whole clip into one poor guy's head. Seriously, this is Verhoeven-level violent. And thank Jebus it's not an origin story, nor do they feel the need to add backstory to Dredd. As a major 2000AD and Megazine fan, this gets right everything the Danny Cannon film got wrong. That it was made for something like $40m is also mighty impressive - it looks 3 times as grand as Total Recall did and on 1/3rd of that film's budget.

Killing Them Softly

I guess I get the lukewarm reviews, if you're gonna compare it to - in my opinion - a straight-up classic like Jesse James. But I've got no complaints with this film at all. The whole cast - Pitt, Gandolfini and McNairy in particular- are on top form, the dialogue is wonderful (and there's a LOT of dialogue) and every single scene is built like a brilliant mini-film of its own. The central hold-up that kicks the whole thing off is tense, the individual meetings between the central characters are like beautiful dances, there's one of the finest death scenes ever committed to film, the film as a whole doesn't overstay its welcome and the final line from Pitt is one for the ages. Andrew Dominik is 3 for 3 in my book.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Told you guys Dredd is great stuff!
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Still trying to process The Master.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• CABIN IN THE WOODS- I guess this is the year I learn to like Joss Whedon because The Avengers was great and this was quite a surprise. I'd heard it was a different and entertaining take on the "kids in the woods" movies Nd that was no lie. Very, very good.

Comment

• TEN LITTLE INDIANS (1965)

OK, but man were we laughing at Hugh O'Brien doing the whole BULK VANDERHUGE thing.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The 5 Year Engagement.

Wasn't horrible, but a bit too chick flicky for me. A ton of funny people are in it, but they are not that funny. Did love Jason Segal's mountain man beard.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Stroker Serpentine View Post
                                Did love Jason Segal's mountain man beard.
                                Soon Rob, soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X