No announcement yet.

Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, I read that this morning. I can see both sides honestly. That being said, TTK really has rebooted this whole game for the most part. While you may not get 3-5 min cinematics after every mission, the story makes a bit more sense now.

The biggest problem for me is still the fucking Grimore cards. Much like in Phantom Pain, it seems like most of the story isn't in the fucking game but in an outside source. At least in TPP you can listen to the tapes as you play the game. It's stupid that I have to access a fucking app or the website to read the lore for Destiny. It was dumb at launch and it's dumb now.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      yeah, I read that this morning. I can see both sides honestly. That being said, TTK really has rebooted this whole game for the most part. While you may not get 3-5 min cinematics after every mission, the story makes a bit more sense now.

The biggest problem for me is still the fucking Grimore cards. Much like in Phantom Pain, it seems like most of the story isn't in the fucking game but in an outside source. At least in TPP you can listen to the tapes as you play the game. It's stupid that I have to access a fucking app or the website to read the lore for Destiny. It was dumb at launch and it's dumb now.
      Agreed, I hated that if I wanted to know what was going on, I had to go to the app and read the Grimoire cards there. I never bothered with that stuff. Sounds like there was no reason to anyway as the story was still shitty with or without them. At the very least, include it in the game, not only in an app. I'm surprised they still aren't incorporated into the game.

The Phantom Pain is a little better in that regard, I suppose, but I hold MGS to a way higher standard and that was still not enough for me. They let me down story wise as well, although it was still interesting when they would go story heavy for a bit. I will say, having access to the tapes in game and in an app is the ideal way to incorporate that stuff if you have something like that.

I guess Bungie just isn't my style. I never liked Halo, even though my brother and friends really got into it. I tried with Destiny but they story was non-existent and was not a fan of the grind and my horrible luck with the raid loot. I got bored. The shooting felt great which is about the only positive thing I can say about the game.

Interested to hear the story behind The Phantom Pain. Despite my issues, I do like the game, but I know there had to be some drama there that impacted the game, specifically the story. Hell, I think if Kojima had his way, we probably wouldn't have got the game this year.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Working...
      X