Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They talked about the Gold Farmers in it. These people working 20 hours a day farming the gold. Redonkulous.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• OH yeah, the gold farmers - fascinating shit. These games = crack/coke/heroin/meth (for some)
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Did they talk about how people have collapsed or died after playing an MMO for too long?

In October of 2002 a 24 year old South Korean man called Kim Kyung-jae collapsed at an internet café. He had been playing an MMORPG called Mu for 86 hours pausing only to buy cigarettes or visit the toilet. He died from a combination of exhaustion and deep vein thrombosis.
        Just a few days later also in October, 2002 a 27 year old Taiwanese man called Lien Wen-cheng started foaming at the mouth and bleeding from the nose after playing for 32 hours straight. He collapsed at an internet café and died on the way to hospital.

Read more: http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/mmo/articles/28926.aspx#ixzz0TMLCbuKe
        Via Brighthub
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• They have indeed. I had to fill lesley in cause she didnt' get how they were comparing it to alcoholism. I was like, kids have died cause their parents needed to raid instead of feeding them.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
            They have indeed. I had to fill lesley in cause she didnt' get how they were comparing it to alcoholism. I was like, kids have died cause their parents needed to raid instead of feeding them.
            I was just thinking - big deal - so they stay inside their house non-stop. But I wasn't thinking of the kids. You always have to think of the children!
            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
              I was just thinking - big deal - so they stay inside their house non-stop. But I wasn't thinking of the kids. You always have to think of the children!
              It's not just staying inside the house nonstop. It's that they're sitting in one place, nonstop.

Comment

• I was commenting to Lesley last night, how sometimes I miss it. Just sitting with friends for hours playing MMOS in the same room. Then I realized I enjoy vagina alot more.

Comment

• I totally miss it too. I used to think of it as being a pioneer in the digital age. It's fun but people need to realize that they need to quit if they're playing to the point where it feels like a job.

Comment

• Exactly. And what sucks is that most people do. It's like a race who can level the fastest. I'm planning on playing Old Republic with you guys, but I'm not putting in 10 hours daily. Maybe just during the first month haha.

Comment

• Not only in regards to level but gear. It's all just for bragging rights. ALTHOUGH...I do know people that have gotten laid because of this...so, it's not really THAT bad of a deal, I guess.

Comment

• Despite being such a recluse in my earlier days. I never played these games.

I did have a brief Counter Strike phase until I got tired of getting killed every five seconds.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• BOOM! HEAD SHOT!

Comment

• I was telling Lesley that I really wasn't a hardcore gamer in high school. I mean I owned the new systems and shit, and I played, but not even a fraction of what I play now. While Ceej was the opposite.

Comment

I was telling Lesley that I really wasn't a hardcore gamer in high school. I mean I owned the new systems and shit, and I played, but not even a fraction of what I play now. While Ceej was the opposite.
                              What the hell happened?

Comment

Exactly. And what sucks is that most people do. It's like a race who can level the fastest. I'm planning on playing Old Republic with you guys, but I'm not putting in 10 hours daily. Maybe just during the first month haha.
                                I think when this comes to play, I need to find a new show to watch from beginning to end. Not Felicity or Greys though..... something new.

Comment

Working...
                                X