No announcement yet.

The Phantom Pain...AKA MGSV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am approaching the stealth in this like Far Cry 3 and 4. Recon as well as I can. Sneak about. And unleash hell once shit goes bad.

And my puppy is awesome.

Comment

• the best thing to do is to pepper C4 around all of the bases, do your shit, blow the C4 and get the fuck outta dodge.

Kojima is the man BUT and this is a huge BUT it's fucking UNACCEPTABLE that they didn't code in the ability to listen to a tape and then have that tape pause IF Kaz or someone else starts talking to you. IT's fucking unacceptable this isn't in the game. I already hate that the story is all in the fucking tapes and not shown on screen but I really HATE that if I'm listening to the story while scouting a mission and Kaz just starts talking to me that the tape just keeps going but you can't hear it. So then I have to rewind the fucking tape and hope I didn't miss anything.

It's fucking ridiculous and piss poor design.

All that being said, just like in Peace Walker, fultoning dudes and equipment never gets old.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• http://metalgeartimeline.com/

perfect
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I did the missions where you need to blow up the comms equipment, and it was pretty great. I set three on dishes, then one on a walkway where I saw a patrol go a few times. I let them see me, then ran off and blew up three of the dishes. When they kept onto the path I hit the last C4 and killed the two of them.

Then a sandstorm blew in, and I killed the two other guys that were blinded by the storm. And finally tossed a grenade to destroy the last dish. So much fun.

I also fucked up and didn't fulton a vehicle when I gunned down some dudes driving down the road. Totally forgot I can do that.

Comment

• fulton everything. EVERYTHING.

Those random dust storms are great.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              I also fucked up and didn't fulton a vehicle when I gunned down some dudes driving down the road. Totally forgot I can do that.
              Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              fulton everything. EVERYTHING.

Those random dust storms are great.
              You'll have to upgrade the fulton a couple times in order to fulton the big stuff.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Haven't killed much, but I had to try this out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H5RxPJpqTFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• hahah

Comment

• still digging this game hard. Pimped out MB, new logo, etc..

Comment

• Anyone using the companion app? Apparently this is supposed to fix my giant problem with the cassette tapes as you can listen to them via that and not worry about people talking over it.

Comment

• Yeah, I used it. It has the tapes you unlocked when you sync. Problem is the MGS server keeps going down and for some reason when you first sync the game needs to be connected online. Anyway, if you can connect and sync then you'll have your tapes. I was actually using it to catch up and listen to tapes while driving yesterday.

Comment

• Got to an ending with credits last night, but it's not the end. It's only the beginning.

Comment

• I beat Quiet and she's in her cell topless and sunbathing. This is a cool game.

Comment

• Was up playing until 4 this morning. I am sleepy, but I need to play some more. Just got my gunsmith!

Comment

• I stayed up until around 5:30 this morning to get the real ending. Other than a few tapes I unlocked at the end, I think I have seen/listened to the true end of the story. It had the trademark post credits dialogue stinger so I assume that's it. I won't spoil it, but I wonder what the story in a linear version of this game would have been like. I liked the game, a lot. Still have more to do to 100% but I think Snake Eater is still my favorite.

Spoiler: Vague, nothing specific, spoiler about the end 
                                There's a MGS2 type twist to the game revealed at the end.

Rob, the MGS timeline you posted is about to get more complicated.

Comment

Working...
                                X