No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dug the first few trades but got bored and never finished.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Preacher and Sandman are my big comics I've not read, and would like to knock them out before the end of the year.

Comment

• Very different comics. I haven't revisited SANDMAN in quite some time, but I recently re-read PREACHER all the way through. Parts of it haven't aged very well, but it holds up for the most part and is a very strong story with some great characters and interesting themes.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• When Preacher is good, it's great. But, when it's bad...it's that New Orleans arc.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I wonder how the sex detectives/Marquis arc holds up. Probably still pretty gross. I remember thinking it kind of flamed out at the end in spite of a few good ideas.

Comment

• I'm probably in the minority in that my favorite run of the book was the SALVATION arc (second to last). It was all Jesse, separated from the rest of the 'team', coming to terms with the shit in his life. I loved the new characters and the pace of the overall story here. Indeed, that whole arc could be taken out of the PREACHER story, re-written slightly, and turned into one hell of a good movie.

Of course, my dream is to see the GOOD OLDBOYS (featuring Jody and T.C.) made into a film. That issue kills me every time.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Haha, that will never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  I wonder how the sex detectives/Marquis arc holds up. Probably still pretty gross. I remember thinking it kind of flamed out at the end in spite of a few good ideas.

The sex/buggery detectives are in the trailer. I had to take it frame by frame to find them.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Never read Preacher, didn't see the trailer. Not sure I will read it, but I may watch it eventually.

Need to finish Mr. Robot (at episode 3) and start Narcos.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The Preacher trailer was kind of blah. Like Matt said, unless you read the comics, there's no way you'd get an idea as to what the story and characters are about from that trailer.

Safe bet all the stuff that made Preacher a hard R-rated book will be removed to give us a PG-13 show. I also dug the Salvation story arc, but the stuff with Quincannon, his neo-Nazi bondage assistant, and that giant meat sex doll is gonna get watered down.

This should've gone to HBO or Showtime or something. Preacher deserves to be its own beast, not a pseudo Walking Dead show.

Comment

• Is it sacrilege that I just didn't like Preacher? And couldn't care less about the show?
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I should finally finish Preacher.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• haha. I wish we were talking about a Y:The Last Man show instead.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              haha. I wish we were talking about a Y:The Last Man show instead.
                              Hopefully we will be relatively soon.
                              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• shit, I've given up on getting anything in regards to that book being made in a either a show or movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X