No announcement yet.

World of Warcraft...It begins again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt, concerning quests not blowing your skirt up yet, also keep in mind you're currently doing the 4 year old content. Get out to Silverpine or Hillsbrad and you'll start seeing a much higher quality and varied questing experience. And as for WoW not skipping a beat, it runs AMAZING in low/med population areas. Go park yourself in Orgrimmar or a 10 man raid and you'll get some hiccups. Thankfully WoW is super RAM dependent, which makes upgrading and staying at ultra max super easy.

And yea, Red Dead the MMO would be a really bad thing for me. Hell, Red Dead in a more open Elder Scrolls world? Skeeeeeet.

Comment

• Comment

• what am I looking at?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• A lycanthrope superfan's avatar.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• William transferred one of his previous characters into a "Worgen" ie Werewolf.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Looking at the coolest motherfucker on Rexxar!

Comment

• nice. That's pretty sweet.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The animation when you transform is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMG! And man, the quests in Vashj'ir. Blizz don't be fucking around.

Comment

• Got to sleep a little after midnight, though it was only because one of the last quests in Vahsj'ir was bugged and I couldn't finish it. Obviously, I am in love. I am about 30% through 82, and that's only going through Vashj'ir's quests, no dungeons yet. 80-82 isn't that bad. I'd dare say it goes fast, 82 takes 2,000,000 XP to ding, but 83? 5,500,000. Yes, it will be slowing down for sure.

I've upgraded my neck, cloak, and one trinket so far. All those pieces were lagging behind and hadn't been replaced with ICC gear so that was expected. 160 haste on a trinket? YES PLZ. Some highlights thus far:

-Maws. This great beast must be destroyed, so you stuff him with a barrel of gunpowder...unfortunately it only blows out his teeth. Remember kiddies, if a barrel of gunpowder won't do the trick HARPOON THE FUCK OUT OF HIM.

-Tons of small in-game cinematics and scripted events. THIS type of innovation is what helps keep WoW fresh and Blizzard so far ahead of everyone else. A kraken destroying the merc ship you take, then sinking down to the sea floor before being rescued by an Earthen Ring shaman. The bootleg Jaws music and cut scene to Maws approaching you when you fire the harpoon at him. The Lovecraftian head sucker that causes you to flip out and threaten everyone around you with eternal suffering, prompting a gnome to have a breakdown and proclaim himself "too you and too pretty to die."

-The Three Visions of the Naga/Kalvir war. One of the quests was a bit buggy (hang back with the naga when defending the bridge, they will move forward with you) but a really awesome way to tell a story.

-More Lovecraftian callbacks when you enter into the bodies of what must be children of Old Gods (Twilight Hammer being involved and all) that are MASSIVE quest hubs. First time I saw one of these creatures I thought "cool a dead sea monster" THEN IT BLINKED.

I'll be going back to Vashj'ir tonight so I can discover the dungeon (new dungeons must be discovered before you can queue for them) but then I am heading off for Mount Hyjal. Why? Because you play Blizzards version of the original JOUST! and get a pet jouster for your time. Plus I am gonna fuck Ragnaros' world up...again.

Comment

• Goddammit. That does sound kinda neat. fFFFFFFUUUUUUuuu

Comment

• Grab this shit while it's on sale. Classic, TBC, WOTLK and get Cata when you hit 80. JOIN ME ON REXXAR.

CHECK DIZ

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...osshidk/simple

Ouch...10% crit at 82...I had 27% at 80.

Comment

• Fuckin' lulz. I only hit like 40 when I was "hardcore". I'd never hit 80 now. I don't do raids.

Comment

• glad you're enjoying it, Billy. Me? I put in another hour or so last night and logged off from relative boredom. This had better get REALLY FRICKIN' COOL really really soon or I'm done.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• How long ago was it you played Rob?

Matt, have you gotten out into the "new Azeroth" yet? As I've said before, the Belf lands are not loved, and not touched for 4 years. I played the first like 15 levels of the Forsaken this past weekend and was floored at how fresh and improved it was.

Comment

• No, not yet. I'm still at level 18 with my Blood Elf hunter. My style has generally been to totally clear out a zone, though...leave it with all quests done and with maximum XP earned. I just wasn't really in the mood for it last night, I guess.

For the heck of it, I did create a Dranei hunter on a different server just to try things out. It's pretty much the same.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X