No announcement yet.

Underrated/Underused Actors and Actresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neal McDonough should be in a lot more high profile stuff.
    David Morse is consistently the best thing about every scene he performs in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      William Sanderson aka JS Sebastian

He's always had a great prescence AND he's got a law degree
      Favorite Deadwood actor. E.B. Farnum is the greatest.

(Of course, this leads me to Dourif'ing all over this thread. But that was a foregone conclusion.)
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Nice calls on Jason Isaacs and David Morse. I rule out Jennifer Jason Leigh for the simple fact that she worked solidly for a long time in lead roles...'Fast Times at Ridgemont High', 'The Hitcher', 'Single White Female', 'Flesh and Blood'. She's underused LATELY, but she was all over the place for a long time. Damned good actress.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

JEFF FAHEY.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I loved David Morse as George Washington in John Adams, especially the scene where everyone is struggling to hear him take the oath.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Brad Dourif.

Like Will Patton, he's frequently the best thing about any movie that he's in. He can play a straight role or a complete loon with equal ease.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Nice calls on Jason Isaacs and David Morse. I rule out Jennifer Jason Leigh for the simple fact that she worked solidly for a long time in lead roles...'Fast Times at Ridgemont High', 'The Hitcher', 'Single White Female', 'Flesh and Blood'. She's underused LATELY, but she was all over the place for a long time. Damned good actress.
                I think its precisely because of her diminished status that she routinely impresses me. I have the memory of a goldfish on ecstasy.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Zeiko Ivanek

Now you may be wondering just who the fuck that guy is. He may have an odd name but that guy is in EVERYTHING. I know him best as Assistant States Attorney Ed Danvers in Homicide. He was also Ray Fisk in Damages.

Comment

Eric Roberts.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Patricia Clarkson. She's never received her due as an actress.

Comment

Henry Czerny.

He was the go-to bureaucratic douchebag for most of the 90s, and man, he was awesome.

And he still is whenever he's working (The Tudors being my most recent encounter), but he ruled over the hill in Clear & Present Danger.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Peter Weller

Comment

Dude creeped me out in the last season of Dexter.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Patricia Clarkson. She's never received her due as an actress.
                              She would receive my due.

All of my due.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Rherb View Post
                                Dude creeped me out in the last season of Dexter.
                                Watching him talk about how he came up with the movement for Robocop was a real treat.

Also, add James Remar to that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X