Renny Harlin: Man, Myth, and Auteur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
    What about Thrust? I always liked his red paint-job. He almost didn't look evil enough to be a Decepticon.
    He'd be great.

And a nice color contrast between the icy blue spike that'd wreck him.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      But who sings the remake of "The Touch"?
      Pre-drug embattled Justin Hawkins-led The Darkness.

COME AT ME BROS
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Bobby has it right. But anyone who tries and remakes "Dare to be Stupid" by one Mister Weird Al Yankovic will have to answer to a higher authority.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
          He'd be great.

And a nice color contrast between the icy blue spike that'd wreck him.
          This film would be many things, but ugly wouldn't be one of them!

E.T.A. Thanks, Ed!
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
            Linkin Park...sadly.

-Edit-

Oh, in the 80s....Hmm.

Can I say Huey Lewis and The News?
            Ed, I hate you to death for mentioning Linkin Park. We're trying to make things BETTER not worse.

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
            I'd be happy with a remastered version of Bush's original, although if David Lee Roth fancied taking a shot at a proper Van Halen version (again, via the wonder of this 80's Sliders scenario we've got going on) with his patented high-pitched "WOOOOOOW"s after almost every line, I might be persuaded.
            Pre-drug embattled Justin Hawkins-led The Darkness.

COME AT ME BROS
            Any of the three Bobby and Russ mention would work.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

This is what the movies never touched. The absolute hatred Megatron has for Prime and how far Optimus is willing to go to stop him.

Oh that's right Decipticons are just mindless evil robots. DURR
              Last edited by B_Metal; 07-07-2011, 04:25 PM. Reason: FUCKING EMBED
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

People need to stop bringing out the shitty fucking TF cartoon movie to back up their points. You're not helping your cause.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Also fuck Harlin for NOES 4.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Rherb View Post
                    Also fuck Harlin for NOES 4.
                    It loses epic points for killing off Kincaid that quick, true, and it's not Dream Warriors. But...cooome ooooooon!
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

I dig his other films, but I hate part 4 sooooo much and it's all him. He allowed Freddy to not be scary anymore. But the best part about it is any interview with him from that time. Fucking greatness.

Comment

People need to stop bringing out the shitty fucking TF cartoon movie to back up their points. You're not helping your cause.
                        Aside from the inclusion of "The Touch," the more reasonable complaints and our remedies for them are completely valid for this proposed redux that will never happen.

Let the butthurt flow through you
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Lot of good points raised in this thread. Revamping the looks of the Transformers, especially in a Harlin TF flick would work wonders. Case in point...

Agree with B-Metal - must have the hate 'twixt Prime and Megatron, and if Rerb can like TF3, us old farts can like us the '86 cartoon.

Instruments of destruction
                          Tools of powerplays
                          It's a violent eruption
                          Existence drips away
                          (guitar solo!)

Comment

Sorry, but it's necessary.

Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

People need to stop bringing out the shitty fucking TF movie to back up their points. You're not helping your cause.
                              I thought you liked the movies Rherb

Aside from the inclusion of "The Touch," the more reasonable complaints and our remedies for them are completely valid for this proposed redux that will never happen.

Let the butthurt flow through you
                              Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                              Lot of good points raised in this thread. Revamping the looks of the Transformers, especially in a Harlin TF flick would work wonders. Case in point...

Agree with B-Metal - must have the hate 'twixt Prime and Megatron, and if Rerb can like TF3, us old farts can like us the '86 cartoon.

Instruments of destruction
                              Tools of powerplays
                              It's a violent eruption
                              Existence drips away
                              (guitar solo!)
                              Seriously, nobody wants the movies to be exactly like the cartoon but we would like more to the story than "we don't get along" between the autobots and decipticons. It also wouldn't be terrible to simplify the bot designs a little.

Feel free to hate the cartoon all you want but the movies had autobot heaven so it's not like it's highbrow entertainment.
                              Last edited by B_Metal; 07-07-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

The absolute hatred Megatron has for Prime and how far Optimus is willing to go to stop him.

Oh that's right Decipticons are just mindless evil robots.
                                Agreed. There wasn't one line to rival "I'll rip out your optiiiiiiiics!!!"

Not with that attitude, buddy (don't stop believin'!)

Seriously, nobody wants the movies to be exactly like the cartoon but we would like more to the story than "we don't get along" between the autobots and decipticons.
                                Indeed. The aforementioned design modifications and personalities for the eponymous characters would be splendid bonuses.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X