Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe they scan the barcode on the xbox itself to check that it's the same one. My buddy did it and I believe he swapped out the guts of the new one into his old box and vice versa. But I can't be sure.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
      I believe they scan the barcode on the xbox itself to check that it's the same one. My buddy did it and I believe he swapped out the guts of the new one into his old box and vice versa. But I can't be sure.
      I could swap the stickers or take the one crapping out to gamestop and you know, make this thread go anal. I may just take the hit at gamestop rather than risk being stuck with the one crapping out. No way I'm waiting two or three weeks for microsuck to ship me a refurb.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post

Picked up my Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 copy a little earlier. Gonna Iron Fist the innards of some poor bastards in a bit. And hey, I got a fancy-pants exclusive Juggernaut to play around with! Hot damn.
        I swear, if I was 8 I'd love the MUA games. Otherwise it's just hit hit hit move, hit hit hit move, repeat. Just not my thing.

Still playing the fuck outta that Banjo game. Built some retarded vehicles last night. And then played some Fable II for an hour. Slowly getting better, but still so fucking easy.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Scribblenauts. Sweet raptor Jesus, the game is awesome! On one of the levels, [SPOILER] there was a bee and a piranha blocking my goal, so I summoned a superhero and had him kick their ass. [SPOILER] It was fucking awesome!
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Fable II is incredibly easy. Mainly because you don't really die. The game can be annoying at times. But it is easy.

It is bullshit how easy it is to get fatass though.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I'm pretty much DONE on Champions Online. I just don't care for it at all, so I'm probably going to either play through Star Wars: KOTOR again or finally finish Mass Effect.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sucks about Champions. I really wish these companies would stop pushing out MMO's when they are obviously not finished. Can't be good for the longterm.

And I really need to go back through Mass Effect before ME2 hits. I'm still super pissed that I lost my finished game save.

Comment

• It's not a 'comleteness of game' issue...it's a fun, issue. For me, it's just not a fun game. I like challenges...I like the skill involved in picking your fights, learning your skills, and being successful. This game is flat out NOT SOLO-ABLE, though: I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me over and over again by mobs that I should, level-wise, be able to survive. I played and enjoyed Guild Wars and Age of Conan; I've got elite players decked out on both games, and I was a bad MoFo on both.

I logged into CO and got killed 3 times in under 10 minutes. I'm fucking done.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
                    It's not a 'comleteness of game' issue...it's a fun, issue. For me, it's just not a fun game. I like challenges...I like the skill involved in picking your fights, learning your skills, and being successful. This game is flat out NOT SOLO-ABLE, though: I'm tired of getting my ass handed to me over and over again by mobs that I should, level-wise, be able to survive. I played and enjoyed Guild Wars and Age of Conan; I've got elite players decked out on both games, and I was a bad MoFo on both.

I logged into CO and got killed 3 times in under 10 minutes. I'm fucking done.
                    Most MMOs usually aren't fully soloable though. That being said, you should check out Warhammer Online. You can "group up" and still solo. For the most part.

Comment

• Almost every MMO I've ever played is soloable until instances or end game.

Comment

• Yah, but you've played horrible MMOs. *cough*Star Wars Galaxies*cough*

Comment

• Dude, I dont' want to have to list every MMO I've ever played, but I've played most of them at some point.

Comment

• And Galaxies was pretty fun in the beginning.

Comment

• Haha. I'm just fucking around. Honestly, the only ones I remember I could solo in all classes were EQ and WoW. FFXI was the one game where there was a dedicated solo class and even that was fucking tough.

Comment

• I want to be able to play the entire game SOLO as much as possible. I don't mind group missions or raids (I actually do enjoy them), but I don't want to have to rely on other players to fucking survive basic leveling missions. I HATE HATE HATE having to PUG with people that are unreliable:

- the 'BRB, answering phone' people.
                                - the 'Sorry, eating a pizza while playing' people.
                                - the 'I'm at the other end of the zone, where are you guys?' people.
                                - the 'fuck you guys, I'm doing my own thing and getting you all killed' people.

I've dealt with all of those in CO online already. For group shit, that's fine. For leveling, NO. I'm fucking done.

Comment

Working...
                                X