This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• god yes to MGS and Infamous
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Picked up Titanfall on the PC today. My machine is a beast with it. Everything maxed with no slowdown what soever. First impressions: it's neat. Second impressions: I wish the mechs were larger.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• How's keyboard controls with the parkour shit? I can't wrap my head about that being easy.

Comment

• I only played for about 2 hours and streamed live my first hour so I was still learning the ropes but it didn't seem to hard. IT's amazing how much better I am with my mouse and keyboard even after not playing FPS's for years on a PC. I don't think I could deal with the controller with this game. Too much shit is going on. I did have an epic end match last night but for some reason my twitch archive of it looks like ass even though the viewers said the quality was awesome when they were watching it.

My team lost and I had to get to the evac zone. I was one of only a few left and was hardcore parkouring all over the map. I made on the dropship at the very last second and leveled up. It was neat.

Comment

• I don't know if it's an instakill or because the other guy's health was so low but dropping a Titan on an enemy Titan is pretty cool. Leveling up seems to go pretty fast so I can almost understand how I was playing against guys in the 30s and 40s on the first day.

Comment

• Dropping a Titan on a Titan is always an instant kill. And OH SO GODDAMN SATISFYING. You can hit 40 in about 10 hours of play.

And Rob, apparently for some reason all Titanfall archives are looking like crap. Something about the compression and how much is going on. Polygon guys were talking about it on Twitter saying they had to download the native files, and watching on youtube or twitch or skydrive it looked like ass.

Comment

• well balls, that fucking sucks. But I feel a bit better now. I started to think that the people watching me were just being nice about the quality. But that being said, I should be able to record this locally and upload it that way since I'll have the raw files.

Comment

• Your actual livestream was probably fine! It's apparently only archives that are getting weird compression.

Comment

• Iggy and Tim:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...ersary-edition

You're welcome.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I used to get so frustrated playing that game.

Comment

• As bad as that was, 'Leather Goddesses of Phobos' was much, much worse. There was a sequence in that game where you had to run, jump, crouch, say 'Kweepa', all in a specific order for something like 50-60 keystrokes. After a while, you realize that life is simply too short to keep typing 'kweepa' into a frickin' game.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• In fact, I remember reading an article a few years ago about giving up on games when they get too tedious and/or repetitive. As he put it, when a game hits 'kweepa', he stops playing and uninstalls it.

edit: found it. do a search for kweepa and you'll find his mini tirade on it. http://www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/99/01993.html
                          Last edited by Matt; 03-13-2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Really want to get Dark Souls II but I know I won't have time to touch it for like two weeks at best.

Comment

• Fully addicted to Papers, Please right now.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Mucho very thank yous! That takes me back - might give it a whirl this weekend! Thanks, Matt!

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                I used to get so frustrated playing that game.
                                Same here. Used to play it on my old Commodore 64 back in the day. Drove me nuts.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                In fact, I remember reading an article a few years ago about giving up on games when they get too tedious and/or repetitive. As he put it, when a game hits 'kweepa', he stops playing and uninstalls it.

edit: found it. do a search for kweepa and you'll find his mini tirade on it. http://www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/99/01993.html
                                I finally "kweepa-ed" Avengers Alliance last week on FB. Was getting bored and the game was getting more and more blatant about buying in-game shit every month.

Comment

Working...
                                X