No announcement yet.

New PC: Build or buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought 500 gb was fine too at one point. That is, till Steam ran their insane Fourth of July sale. I'm down to 100 gb with probably 20-30 games uninstalled.

Are you building your own? What place are you referring to?
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I have like 4-5 terabytes. And haven't filled up 1 yet. ahhahah
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Yah, yah. Maybe you should buy more Steam games.

Comment

Nah, I have enough until the next blow out. Most of my space is filled with episodes/skits/etc for the podcasts.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yeah, 500GB is perfect until Steam fucks you.

Comment

It's not that Steam fucked me. It's that Steam bent over for me to fuck it. Seriously, I'm afraid I might need to get a job before the next Summer sale.

Comment

How many games can you play?
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Me? What do you mean how many can I play?

Comment

How many does one person need? 20-30 uninstalled and......oh nevermind.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Let's just say I have a lot of Steam games.

Comment

OK... So the new computer is fucking crapping out on everything. Everything on it says "not working" and forces a "windows will search online for a solution" pop up and then it gives me a "windows diagnositc is no longer working" pop up.

FUCK THIS SHIT. I've done everything including a re-install of windows 7 and it's still shitting the bed. Firefox is literally the ONLY thing that works on this piece of shit.

I'm boxing it up later today and shipping it back for a refund. Do any of you have any suggestions on where to pick up a RELIABLE computer at a price that does not feel like anal gang rape? I'd order parts and build but that would take forever and at this point we need a working PC.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

So you completely wiped your machine clean, re-installed 7 and it's still giving you errors?

Comment

Yes. Guy from the company wants me to RMA the hard drive and send it in but fuck that. I didn't spend all the fucking money to wait 4 weeks for a refurbed hard drive.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Do you have another HD laying around? Be a good test. If that's not the case, try one stick of RAM at a time, etc.

Comment

I've already called the place and told them I'm sending it back. I'm sure if I wanted to sit here and poke through every part I'd find something eventually but honestly I'm pissed enough at this place that I don't want to.

I'd be happier with some suggestions on how to replace this box if you don't mind. No offense Rob as I know you know your cpu shit but this company has pissed me off enough that I don't want them to have my $$$$$.

Comment

Working...
                                X