Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the club Matt. Got that 2 years ago, helps a fuck lot. It's pretty easy: I pressure cook EVERYTHING.

Slowcookers are shit, though the Instant Pot is that. And a Rice Cooker (amazing also, as it cooks brown rice perfectly, and it's a bitch to do right). You can sautée shit in it, then activate the pressure cooker and boom, meal. It makes perfect pulled pork in 2 hours.

But it's mainly a pressure cooker, and a good one at that. What I love is that while it cooks your roast, and it doesn't water the sauce down like slow cookers, it will fall in a Keep Warm function for 10 hours automatically.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      nice. I would love to find a great pot roast recipe. I always want it, then I make it, and I'm always disappointed.

I also do not want some 15 hour recipe Martin....Find me something that is doable for normal humans with jobs and limited free time
      The pioneer woman beef roast recipe is really good. Very simple. Make some good toasted bread to go with it.

Comment

nice. I would love to find a great pot roast recipe. I always want it, then I make it, and I'm always disappointed.

I also do not want some 15 hour recipe Martin....Find me something that is doable for normal humans with jobs and limited free time
        Roasts sous-vide = 18-24hrs minmum.

Instant pot: 2hrs job for pulled meat texture.

Comment

• I'll try to find you a good recipe.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            The pioneer woman beef roast recipe is really good. Very simple. Make some good toasted bread to go with it.
            I looked that up and remembered that I made that once. Was not a fan. Not sure if I fucked up or not but it was just soooo bland with that recipe.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Remember Pioneer Woman is from your part of the world. Cracka Central. As always I add some red pepper flakes, and extra pepper.

Comment

I looked that up and remembered that I made that once. Was not a fan. Not sure if I fucked up or not but it was just soooo bland with that recipe.
                We talking about that kind of stuff. Cause that recipe is gooooooood.

Comment

• so many goddamn ingredients in his shit sometimes where the fucking meal is like 90 bucks because I dont' have most of that shit on hand.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Half of these things are spices that you probably have. Rest is onion. Fuck, I rarely have wine on hand.

The main part: beef and veggies. The rest, you can improvise, substitute or avoid.

The key part is gelatin in powder. That, or in ANY stew you do. It creates the sauce.

Trust me.

Comment

• Season some flour w/ salt & pepper/ Roll a bottom round roast in it, and brown on all sides in hot oil. Add water to about an inch and a half. Add a few generous dashes of Maggi seasoning (kind of like European soy sauce). Bring to boil. Simmer 2 1/2 hrs. Meanwhile mix room temp butter, 1/2 C breadcrumbs and a small onion grated on fine holes, to make a thick paste. Remove roast from pot, slice pockets into roast, and stuff w/ onion mixture. Fasten ends w/ toothpicks and CAREFULLY ad back to pot for 40 more min. Remove roast, and add flour to pan drippings to make gravy. TRUST ME.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• sounds yummy

Comment

• Went to a pizza place called Cane Rosso, which is apparently some kind of chain? Regardless, swanky and delicious. Got their bianca pizza, and the special "Honey Bitch" which was a brisket pizza with ancho chile honey sauce. Fucking awesome.

Comment

• Such pizzas as the "Honey Bitch" are anathema to the true pizza lover here in Jersey.
                            Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• THAT ^.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• As a pizza connoisseur, I did try hot honey on a pizza. It was fucking GOOD.

But pineapples on pizza are for bitches and Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X