No announcement yet.

New PC: Build or buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit the only thing I can suggest is an HP/DELL/whatever else. I haven't bought a pre-made computer in years.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I may take my item list and see if I can buy parts in the same proximity for this box. I've got a while before I'm taking this one down. I'm just so pissed that they literally didn't deliver on anything they promised.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Perhaps it's an issue with the version of Windows 7. Which version are you installing? Have you tried just the 32 bit? I've read that there's some compatibility issues with the 64 bit version of Windows 7.
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

This is the 64 bit version. It worked fine for two days no issues then all of a sudden everything but firefox is broken.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I had alot of issues with 64 bit version when I first got my machine back from Helper. Then I realized it as due to some overclocking bullshit he did. I removed that stuff and it worked on my end. Probably not the same issue, but soemthing to be aware of.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Directron or the big huge place on San Felipe opposite the Galleria, can't remember the name. Directron is I want to say Harwin and Beltway 8, but you can find their premade deals on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                This is the 64 bit version. It worked fine for two days no issues then all of a sudden everything but firefox is broken.
                Did they give you a 32 bit version as well? If so, try that.
                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                  Did they give you a 32 bit version as well? If so, try that.
                  Nope, 64 bit only. Which is retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Directron or the big huge place on San Felipe opposite the Galleria, can't remember the name. Directron is I want to say Harwin and Beltway 8, but you can find their premade deals on their site.
                    What's the word on Directron? Are they fairly reputable in regards to having stable systems built?

Comment

I've only ever bought parts from Directron. They literally just started selling systems last month. The people definitely know their computing though. Micro Center is the place by the Galleria I couldn't think of.

Comment

Yeah, I see a comparable machine to what I have on directron's site and was thinking about it. Will discuss with wife and see.

Comment

Working...
                        X