Dr Who!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Who!

i can't be the only one here who is in love with this show. so glad sci-fi picked up season 4. i've missed the last couple episodes due to being out of the country, but i'm excited to get back into the swing of it.

any other doctor fans out there? i've managed to watch a few of the older shows and liked them, too. all i can watch on tv though is the 70's series played OVER AND OVER, like the same four episodes, on public tv. i guess i'll have to suck it up and buy the old dvds like i bought all the new ones.
    scissors on his head! scissors on his fucking head!!

I've only seen a handful of episodes and I just didn't get sucked in. But I know lots of people who enjoy it so I may have to give it another go.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Never saw any epsiode all the way through. I never really got into it either, but never really gave it a shot. I think the sheer amount of epsiodes throughout the years makes it a bit intimidating.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Totally. Now Battlestar? That's a goddamn show!
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Here here. Just a little bit longer until our fix. By the way, Spike Marshall on Chud accidentally spoiled a bit of tomorrow's episode. So be careful.

Comment

I haven't been to CHUD in awhile. Except in the video game thread. I enjoy our little community more.

Comment

i've considered watching dr. who but there's just way too many shows i'm watching now. once summer hits, i'm totally bumming those dvds off you prawn. question is, will i watch them? hahahaha. oh man... i have netflix movies that i haven't watched yet. and i've had them for about a month now. and i'm paying for that service. gahhhhhhhhhhh. what's wrong with me. rob, i demand you answer this question in your next cast.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                I haven't been to CHUD in awhile. Except in the video game thread. I enjoy our little community more.
                I agree, but I was just warning you. Didn't even realize it was spoilage until I read it. I thought it was speculation at first.

Comment

Picked up the first season of the revamp on the Instaflix buggywhip widget thing on my phantasmagoria-producing device yesterday (Unfortunately, Netflix said "Sod off ya tosser" and only gave me 12 of the 26 episodes. Twats.).

Chris Eccleston is brilliant so far, and Billie Piper as his sidekick Rose is fucking awesome/awesomely hot. Instead of getting a decent night's sleep, I ended up blazing through the first four episodes. Not hard to get brought up to speed or anything like that, so it makes for a nice introduction to the series.

Now I'm going to have to upgrade my account and get the complete first season.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

I really dig the show, but I just don't have the time to record it. Someday I'll get all caught up on it. The 2nd Doctor was great too, but now I hear he's leaving the show next year.
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Aww shit.

Haven't gotten to Tennant's Doc yet. I know there's mad geekdongs out there for his Doctor. And that is weird/hopefully a good sign but still weird.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Tennant's Who is so fucking awesome.

I went ahead and blazed through the second and third series. Time to be hungover and watch the fourth.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

So I've never watched this series and wouldn't mind checking it out. Is it cheesy like TNG or realistic like BSG?

Comment

More in line with BSG, though the earlier stuff is a little dodgy in the CG department. It definitely comes into its own by the halfway point of the first series.

I now understand why Tennant is as fanatically revered. He's the best Doctor so far.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

So would we need to start with season 1 or no? If so, want to send me a link from amazon of where we need to start so I get the right stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X