Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations?

I've been looking for something to catch my attention to read but everything I've started lately just isn't doing it for me. Any recommendations?
    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Re: Recommendations?

Not many book readers here, huh?

Unless you want some Star Wars book, Harry Potter, or World War Z, I'm probably not much help either.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Haha, thanks for trying though Ari. Apparently nobody reads anymore.
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

I read all the time, you just don't like my books. You should try Oprah's book club. HAHA
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Haha, I didn't mean you. You I can get recommendations from without using a forum. Don't be silly Robert!

Comment

Don't think you would like my books either, sorry!

Comment

i have tons of recomendations! if you like good old fashion american literature, i would suggest nine stories by j.d. salinger. if you like science fiction, check out the dark tower series by stephen king. great books. i'm currently on the fifth book right now. in regards to comics/manga, i would suggest buddha by osamu tezuka, y the last man, or fables. oh and the marvel zombies series is also rather fantastic.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus
                i have tons of recomendations! if you like good old fashion american literature, i would suggest nine stories by j.d. salinger. if you like science fiction, check out the dark tower series by stephen king. great books. i'm currently on the fifth book right now. in regards to comics/manga, i would suggest buddha by osamu tezuka, y the last man, or fables. oh and the marvel zombies series is also rather fantastic.
                Thanks, I have thought about checking out the dark tower series - I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Comment

I would post on here but I am far too busy reading comics.

I am going to buy BKV's Logan today. I swear.

Comment

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. That book is too awesome.

Good Omens by Neil Gaimen and Terry Pratchett

The Rising and City of the Dead by Brian Keene
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

oh here are some more recomendations:

darkly dreaming dexter, dearly devoted dexter, and dexter in the dark; all by jeff lindsay

the gun seller by hugh laurie

for the math nerds here, flatland by edwin a abbott

as for comics/graphic novels:

sshhhh! by jason

hey, wait... by jason

the living and the dead by jason

maakies by tony millionaire

100 bulletts

oh and the dark tower comics. the first set of the miniseries have been collected already and the next series is about to start sometime this month.

also, rasl by jeff smith.

that's all for now.

Comment

I like Spider-Man.

Comment

You would.

Comment

Fucker shoots sticky shit outta his arms. And comic Mary Jane is smoking.

Aunt May's hot too.

Comment

even the one more day arch? that storyline sounds rather lame. haven't they beat down peter parker enough already? gosh.

Comment

Working...
                              X